Firmware updates are a good way to fix bugs with your Inspire 2 aircraft, add new features and make sure everyone is flying safely.
The Inspire 2 is a great quadcopter, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.
The DJI GO app will normally prompt you as and when a firmware update is available.
Heliguy has created this step by step guide to show you how to update the firmware on your Inspire 2 aircraft quickly and easily.
There are a couple of prerequisites before you begin updating the Inspire 2’s firmware:
- Ensure that the Inspire 2 has 2 fully charged batteries.
- Ensure that your mobile device (phone or tablet) is fully charged.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection for your mobile device.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to update the firmware on your Inspire 2 remote:
- Power on the DJI Inspire 2.
- Connect your Mobile Device to the aircraft using a USB cable.
- Switch the USB Mode Switch on the side of the Inspire 2’s body to ‘device’ mode (the switch should be in the upper position).
- Launch the DJI GO 4 app.
- Tap the ‘Update Now’ prompt, highlighted in orange, which appears in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Click the ‘Download Now’ button in the app to begin downloading the necessary update files.
- You’ll see a progress bar appear showing you the progress of the download. Once this is complete, the firmware update will start automatically. If this doesn’t happen for any reason, click the ‘Start Update’ button.
- Wait for the ‘Updating’ progress bar to appear. Your Inspire 2 will beep and possibly restart during this process so don’t be alarmed by any sounds coming from the quadcopter. Once this is complete you’ll see an ‘Update Complete’ pop up. Simply press ‘OK’.
- The Inspire 2 Aircraft will now restart itself to finish the firmware update.
Simple as that – your DJI Inspire 2 is now running the latest firmware.
If you have any other issues with your DJI Inspire 2, don’t worry, our support team are here to help.
Give us a call on 0191 296 1024, or email [email protected] with any queries you have.
More DJI Inspire 2 Tutorials
- How to Update Inspire 2 Remote Controller Firmware
- Link Your DJI Inspire 2 Controller and Aircraft
- Activate your DJI Inspire 2
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Exclusive DJI News, Reviews and Advice