heliguy™ Repair Refresh
A No-hassle Drone Crash Cover Policy.
Peace Of Mind
heliguy™ Repair Refresh is a no-hassle drone crash cover policy, giving you peace of mind if you break your UAV.
Repair Refresh is only available on items purchased from heliguy™. Each specific Repair Refresh policy must be bought within 7 days of purchasing the corresponding product from heliguy™.
By signing up to heliguy™ Repair Refresh, you will get a free repair or replacement drone if your aircraft is damaged in a crash.
heliguy™ Repair Refresh is valid for up to a year and is available across the DJI product range.
Take advantage of easily-accessible advice and support from the heliguy™ team, either over the phone, via email, or face-to-face at our UK HQ.
heliguy™ does also offer DJI Care Refresh crash cover policy.
heliguy™ Repair Refresh service covers the remote controller and the drone; DJI Care Refresh only covers the drone.
Read our in-depth blog heliguy™ Repair Refresh Vs DJI Care Refresh to find out the difference between the two policies.
Benefits of heliguy™ Repair Refresh include:
- Automatic Activation: Repair Refresh automatically activates and links to your drone details once you purchase your cover.
- No Hidden Fees: Your equipment will be repaired or replaced with no hidden costs.
- UK Repair Centre: Speak to heliguy™'s UK-based, DJI-trained technicians by phone or email.
- Free UK Shipping: heliguy™ will arrange return and delivery of your drone for free in the UK.
- Parts and Labour Included: Covers the cost of parts and labour.
- No Excess when Claiming: No extra fees upon making a claim.
- 12 Months of Cover: Up to a year's cover with each policy.
- Covers Pilot Error: We all make mistakes. If pilot error is to blame for the crash, heliguy™ Repair Refresh has got you covered.
what does repair refresh cover?
Peace of mind for your next flight.
Protection For Up To 12 Months
heliguy™ Repair Refresh can be purchased up to five days after the receipt of your drone.
As soon as Repair Refresh is purchased, the time and date are automatically logged and activated by heliguy™, linking it to your original drone purchase details.
- Accidental damage
- Water damage
- Damaged during transit
- You damage your equipment on holiday (free shipping for your Repair Refresh claim only applies when claiming from the UK).
Your Repair Refresh period lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you make a claim within the 12-month period, the cover immediately expires at the point of successful repair or replacement.
heliguy™ Repair Refresh does not cover lost or stolen equipment. heliguy™ suggests contacting your insurance company for this kind of cover.
If a drone suffers a crash, and flight logs show that the pilot's stick manoeuvres indicate an intentional or reckless crash, then cover will not be valid on this occasion.
Repair Refresh is available to people outside of the UK, but international shipping is not included in the cover.
how to make a claim
Six simple steps to get you flying again.
Simply follow the steps below if you've purchased a Repair Refresh policy and your equipment has been damaged.
- Book a claim ticket: Following your drone crash or damage to your aircraft, you’ll need to book a ticket using the heliguy™ Support System via our website. Alternatively, call us on 0191 296 1024 or email us at email@example.com and you will be instructed to complete a repair claim form.
- Send your equipment to us: We'll send you a pre-paid postage label within 48 hours to cover your courier postage. Arrange a time that’s convenient for you for the equipment to be collected by the courier. Free shipping only applies to UK mainland, so international shipping must be paid at the rate provided at point of claim.
- Equipment assessed by the technical team: Once received, our DJI-approved technicians will evaluate your equipment to see whether it can be repaired or if a replacement is required. We will not send out a loan aircraft in the meantime. If you’re interested in a policy that includes instant loan drones to ensure service continuity, please contact us on 0191 296 1024, or email <firstname.lastname@example.org
- Repaired or replaced: If possible, your aircraft will be repaired as per our standard repair process. If a replacement is required, we will locate an appropriate like-for-like replacement. Please note that only the damaged item will be replaced. We will work hard to get your drone repaired or replaced within 10 working days.
Drone flight tested: Following a repair or replacement, the technical team will complete a flight test to ensure complete functionality of your equipment.
Aircraft returned: Your aircraft will be returned to you via courier next-day delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about Repair Refresh
Yes coverage is valid for water damage
Yes the item will be covered if damaged in transit.
No - there is no cover offered for loss or theft.
We suggest contacting your insurance company for this kind of cover.
Yes - you're covered if you crash your drone on holiday.
However, please note that free shipping for your Repair Refresh claim only applies when claiming from the UK.
No - Repair Refresh only covers one drone that is logged against the drones serial number from the original time of purchase with heliguy™.
No - the drone/product must be purchased from heliguy™ in order to purchase the cover.
Yes - the drone will be covered if accidental damage has occurred.
If a drone suffers a crash, and flight logs show that the pilots stick manoeuvres indicate an intentional or reckless crash, then cover will not be valid on this occasion.
You're only covered for the drone itself.
If you have a camera on the drone it must be covered by a separate Repair Refresh policy.
E.g. Inspire 2 with an X5S camera fitted.
No - the price you see when purchasing Repair Refresh is all you’ll pay.
Shipping to and from heliguy™ for return or replacement is all covered under the low price of your Repair Refresh policy.
No - but we will work hard to get your drone repaired or replaced within 10 working days.
If you’re interested in a policy that includes instant loan drones to ensure service continuity, please contact us on 0191 296 1024, or email email@example.com
Yes - if your drone has been repaired it will be bench and flight-tested before being returned to you.
Yes - Repair Refresh includes free shipping for your equipment to and from heliguy™.
Please note this only applies to the UK mainland, international shipping must be paid at the rate provided at point of claim.
If a drone is exchanged for a like for like unit, or in some cases replaced for a new replacement unit.
Only the item damaged will be replaced.
No - the first attempt will always be to repair your equipment.
We are a DJI-approved repair centre using official parts and supported by DJI-trained technicians.
If for any reason a repair cannot be successfully completed, a replacement will be provided.
You are eligible for one claim during the 12 month period, beginning when you purchase Repair Refresh.
As soon as the Repair Refresh is purchased the time and date are automatically logged and activated by heliguy™.
No, unfortunately, the maximum period is one year.
Yes - you have up to 7 days after buying your item to purchase the corresponding Repair Refresh policy.
Repair Refresh protects you against pilot error, as well as product failure.
The warranty that comes with your DJI drone will only be used in the case of product failure.
In addition, you’ll get all your support and replacement parts from the UK - significantly reducing the turnaround time for repairs or replacements.
No - the policy will lapse once the 12 month period has passed.
No - a new policy cannot be taken out after the 12 month period passes or after a claim.
No - Repair Refresh is not a substitute for commercial drone insurance.
Yes - you have a 14 day cooling off period, you can cancel the cover for a full refund up to 14 days after the cover has been purchased.
You must inform us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to cancel the policy.
Your Repair Refresh period lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase.
If you make a claim within the 12 months period, the cover immediately expires at the point of successful repair or replacement.
You can get Repair Refresh if purchasing from outside the UK, but international shipping is not included in the cover.
Shipping must be covered by the user for all units that need to be shipped to and from countries outside the UK.
No. Repair Refresh automatically activates upon purchase of the cover, and as such, you will not receive any documentation.
Our policy states that we will repair or replace, whichever is most viable, and, on most occasions, this will be done by us in-house.
However, in some cases, we may need to send the damaged product to DJI to complete the repair. If we do need to send it to DJI, this process can take up to 3-5 weeks to complete.