DJI CSM Radar for m300 rtk
Improve situational awareness while flying DJI's flagship commercial drone.
Fly With Confidence Close To Obstacles
The Circular Scanning Millimeter-Wave (CSM) Radar is a bolt-on object detection system for the DJI M300 RTK - which can be used at night and can detect objects such as wires and branches.
It offers 360° horizontal detection to further enhance flight safety and situational awareness.
The key features are:
- Detect Thin Obstacles: Use the radar to detect obstacles such as wires, powerlines, and branches.
- Enhance Situational Awareness: The CSM Radar augments the M300 RTK's six collision detection sensors, covering their blind spots.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The CSM Radar has a detection distance of 1.5 - 30 metres (5 - 98 feet). It offers the following directional coverage: 360° horizontal; 60° vertical; 45° upper.
- Braking And Warning System: Pre-set the obstacle braking distance to stop the drone when it comes close to an object. The warning system - with slow-beeping function - adds another layer of safety.
- Nighttime Operations: Can be used at night when the drone's built-in vision system is not functional.
- Robust System: IP45 Rating, in line with the drone
How does the radar work?
Set the obstacle braking distance to stay away from hazards.
Flight Safety Just Got Better
Radio waves sent out from the CSM Radar will reflect off an object and return to the receiver, providing locational information based on the time that it takes for them to return - enhancing situational awareness and detecting objects missed by the drone's vision sensors.
Operators can use both the vision sensors and radar system together, or just one or the other. The radar can be turned on and off.
Obstacle Braking Distance: Set the detection range and the drone will stop when it reaches this distance. Braking shows in red on the Pilot App interface. This is particularly useful for complex missions, such as operating close to powerlines.
Warning Distance: Set the obstacle warning range. The remote controller will start beeping slowly once the drone flies into the 'warning' parameters. The warning will show as yellow on the pilot display.
Detections outside of these set distances will show as green on the display.
RADAR ON versus radar off
CSM device provides comprehensive coverage.
This side-by-side comparison shows the difference between having the radar activated and disabled.
In this example, the drone is flying close to powerlines.
The image on the left, with the radar off, shows very little detected on the flight navigation screen, including the power cables. Essentially, the drone is able to approach the wires.
However, the image on the right shows the difference once the CSM Radar is switched on. The flight navigation screen is filled with red (brake) and yellow (warning), including the power cables. Because the brake system has been activated and the powerlines fall within these pre-set parameters, the drone cannot fly forwards towards them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about the CSM Radar
The CSM Radar attaches to the drone via the upward gimbal port through four built-in screws. Connect the radar to the drone via the PSDK port.
The CSM Radar - like the M300 RTK - has an IP45 rating. This is not a complete waterproofing, but it does enable missions against the elements, including a degree of wet weather.
Yes, it does. It is not reliant on daylight, so can be deployed for nighttime operations. This is particularly useful as the drone's built-in vision sensors can't function at night.
Yes, it does.
The operating frequency is 24GHz.
The power consumption is 12W.
What's in the Box
Compatibility: DJI CineSSD Station UG2; Inspire 2