DJI Mavic 3 Classic Drone Only
Mavic 3 Classic
With powerful flight performance and a Hasselblad sensor, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic is a powerful filmmaking and photography drone.
The Mavic 3 Classic features a professional-grade 20MP 4/3 CMOS camera and is able to shoot up to 5.1K video.
Capture more content in a single flight with up to 46 minutes of airtime, and benefit from enhanced safety features, such as omnidirectional obstacle sensing and Advanced Return To Home functionality.
Lightweight, foldable and easily transportable, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic is perfect for capturing content on the go and can be used for top-level filmography.
The Mavic 3 Classic is different to the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine. The main difference is that the Mavic 3 Classic does not feature the tele camera found on the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine.
This version of the Mavic 3 Classic is the drone-only package. It does not come with a controller or a charger. This means that you can use an already-owned DJI RC-N1, DJI RC or DJI RC Pro to control the drone.
Alternative versions of the Mavic 3 Classic are available. These are: Mavic 3 Classic with DJI RC-N1 controller; and Mavic 3 Classic with the DJI RC smart controller with built-in screen.
- 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera
- Up to 5.1K Video
- 46-Min Max Flight Time
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
- 8km HD Video Transmission
- Advanced RTH
- O3+ Transmission
- Smart shooting and tracking features
- Compatible with DJI RC-N1, DJI RC or DJI RC Pro controllers
- Range of accessories available
Mavic 3 Classic Camera
Professional-grade imaging capabilities
The Mavic 3 Classic features a professional-grade 4/3 CMOS. Rigorous Hasselblad standards are applied to hardware performance and software algorithms, bringing imaging quality to an entirely new level.
- 20MP Effective Pixels
- Record up to 5.1K/50fps or 4K/60fps
- HD slow-motion videos: 4K/120fps
- 12-bit RAW image colour depth
- 12.8 stops Native Dynamic Range
- f/2.8-f/11 adjustable aperture
- 24mm Equivalent Focal Length
- VDAF (Vision Detection Auto Focus) Technology for rapid focusing
- Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution for vivid natural colours with the press of the shutter
- 10-bit D-Log delivered natural colour gradations for greater flexibility during editing
- HLG: Higher dynamic range, providing greater flexibility when editing
- Night Shots: Optimises footage in low-light scenarios
Smart Shooting Features
Streamlined aerial content creation
The Mavic 3 Classic features a range of smart shooting modes to help you capture dazzling content, quickly and easily.
- ActiveTrack 5.0: Track the subject from different directions for extensive camera language. (This mode is not available at video resolutions higher than 4K or frame rates over 60fps).
- MasterShots: Automated shooting and editing to create cinematic footage.
- QuickShots: Automatically perform professional camera movements like Dronie, Rocket, Circle, and Helix.
- Hyperlapse: Stunning footage that captures and accelerates the passing of time.
- Panorama: Capture larger, more detailed shots of your surroundings with panorama.
- High-Speed QuickTransfer: Photos and videos can be transferred quickly to a smartphone for editing or sharing.
Battery Life and Video Transmission
The Mavic 3 Classic is compatible with the Mavic 3 Series batteries.
Enjoy a flight time of up to 46 minutes and a hover time of 40 minutes, ensuring you can capture more content in a single flight.
Benefit from O3+ Transmission for a more stable connection at greater distances, and enjoy a 1080p/60fps live feed - meaning the camera view is displayed at specifications close to what the camera actually records.
Mavic 3 Classic Safety Features
Safe and reliable flights
Fly with confidence with Mavic 3 Classic’s robust safety features.
- APAS 5.0: Mavic 3 Classic continually senses objects in all directions and bypasses them quickly and smoothly.
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing: Horizontal omnidirectional vision system; Downward vision system; Upward vision system.
- Cruise Control: Fly without having to continually press the control sticks. This enables smoother camera movement and makes long-distance flights more effortless.
- Advanced RTH: This updated auto-return function enables Mavic 3 Classic to automatically determine the optimal route back to its home point and execute it quickly.
Mavic 3 Classic Accessories
Make the most of every flight
The Mavic 3 Classic is compatible with a vast accessory ecosystem. This includes:
- DJI Mavic 3 Classic ND Filters Set: Includes ND8/16/32/64 filters.
- DJI 65W Portable Charger: Comes with a 65W USB-C cable to charge Mavic 3 Classic's battery. With another USB-A port and a USB-C data cable included in the package, it can also charge the remote controller at the same time.
- DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub: When connected to a 65W portable charger or car charger, the DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub can be expanded to charge three batteries, charging batteries in sequence according to their remaining power level, with more fully-charged batteries receiving power first.
- DJI RC Pro: With a 1000-nit display and high-performance processor, the DJI RC Pro is an unmatched option for professional creation.
- DJI RC: DJI RC is a drone remote controller that delivers an exceptional operating experience. With a lightweight body, HD display, and ultra-long battery life, it supports DJI O3+ video transmission technology.
Mavic 3 Classic: Which Combo Is Best?
Choose the right package for you
The Mavic 3 Classic is available in three different set-ups:
- Drone only: Enables you to add the Mavic 3 Classic to your fleet without buying a surplus controller. The Mavic 3 Classic is compatible with the DJI RC-N1, DJI RC or DJI RC Pro controllers.
- Drone with DJI RC-N1 controller: The DJI RC-N1 controller is a classic controller. It does not have a screen and requires a mobile device to function.
- Drone with DJI RC controller: The DJI RC features a 5.5-inch built-in touchscreen, has a battery life of four hours and supports DJI O3+ video transmission.
The table below shows the difference between what’s in the box of the various Mavic 3 Classic options.
Mavic 3 Classic comparison table
|Mavic 3 Classic (Drone Only)||Mavic 3 Classic (RC-N1 Controller)||Mavic 3 Classic (DJI RC Controller)|
|DJI Mavic 3 Classic x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Classic x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Classic x 1|
|DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery x 1|
|DJI Mavic 3 Classic Storage Cover x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Classic Storage Cover x 1||DJI Mavic 3 Classic Storage Cover x 1|
|DJI Mavic 3 Low-noise Propellers (pair) x 3||DJI Mavic 3 Low-noise Propellers (pair) x 3||DJI Mavic 3 Low-noise Propellers (pair) x 3|
|DJI 65W Portable Charger x 1||DJI 65W Portable Charger x 1|
|USB-C Cable x 1||USB-C Cable x 1|
|DJI RC-NI Remote Controller x 1||DJI RC x 1|
|Spare DJI RC-N1 Control Sticks (pair) x 1||Spare DJI RC Pro Control Sticks (pair) x 1|
|DJI RC-N1 RC Cable (USB-C Connector) x 1|
|DJI RC-N1 RC Cable (Standard Micro-USB Connector) x 1|
|DJI RC-N1 RC Cable (Lightning Connector) x 1|
Mavic 3 Classic Vs Mavic 3 Vs Mavic 3 Cine
Which Mavic 3 is best for you
There are now three versions of the Mavic 3: The Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine, and the Mavic 3 Classic.
- Mavic 3 Classic: Features a 20MP 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera. The gimbal does not support gimbal lock.
- Mavic 3: Features a 20MP 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera, as well as a 162mm tele camera. The drone supports gimbal lock.
- The Mavic 3 Cine: Features a 20MP 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera, as well as a 162mm tele camera. The drone supports gimbal lock. The Mavic 3 Cine also supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT codecs and comes with a built-in 1TB SSD for high-speed data storage.
For a full breakdown, read our in-depth Mavic 3 comparison blog.
The Mavic 3 Series also features the Mavic 3 Enterprise for high-precision surveying, and the Mavic 3T which comes with a thermal camera.