DJI’s game-changing new gimbal is a highly exciting proposition for filmmakers and aerial photographers. The Ronin-MX has been created with the ability to carry many cameras used on sets day-to-day and the addition of SmoothTrack™ ensures that all of the gimbal’s movements remain precise and, of course, totally smooth.
Strength & Stability
A combination of stronger motors and ESCs makes the Ronin-MX a mind-blowing 50% more powerful than its predecessor, the Ronin-M. Constructed from lightweight magnesium, the Ronin-MX weighs a mere 2.77kg. This means it can be easily attached to the DJI M600, even when equipped with advanced cameras such as the RED EPIC.
A camera cage offers increased stability, locking the attached camera in place, both at the top and bottom. As if to prove that they’ve thought of everything, DJI have also implemented silent motors to prevent any on-set mics from detecting motor noise.
Smart Power & Agility
In designing the Ronin-MX, DJI have repositioned the battery at the front to improve its balance, reducing instability during forward flight. This increases the model’s agility and ability to handle rapid movements and even High-G situations.
Its Intelligent Batteries are compact, light and provide three hours of run time. Over-charge and over-depletion protection is built in, as is individual cell charge balancing. Also, to keep you in the know as you fly, the Ronin-MX’s remaining power is clearly displayed by LEDs and also in the DJI GO app.
Huge Range of Motion
This ground-breaking gimbal allows the camera to rotate 360°; never locking in place after a full rotation and continuing to spin endlessly. This vast range of motion doesn’t end there, as the tilt axis ranges from 90° straight down and beyond to 135°.
Although there’s plenty of new additions, the mainstays of the Ronin series such as its three modes of operation and SmoothTrack are still here, allowing an assortment of creative angles and movements to videographers.
All New Assistant
Using the new version of DJI’s Assistant (iOS and Android) allows you total control of the Ronin-MX. When it’s connected to Lightbridge 2, the DJI GO app can be used to dictate how the Ronin-MX operates.
This includes A3 flight control functionality, moving the gimbal and watching a stunning HD live feed from your camera of choice. Also, if combined with the optional DJI Focus and Focus Expansion Module, you can remotely control the focus and aperture settings to ensure the perfect shot every time.
- Perfect pairing: Compatible with DJI M600
- Film your own way: Supports RED EPIC, ARRI ALEXA Mini and more cameras
- Rock solid: Designed for stability in high G-force environments
- Minimal downtime: 5-minute set-up
- Total stability: Professional 3-axis handheld stabilization
- Lots of variety: Three modes of operation: Upright, Underslung, Briefcase
- A balanced model: Auto Tune Stability (ATS) for rapid balancing
- No more shakes: SmoothTrack™ movement smoothing
What's in the Box?
- Gimbal x1
- Handle Bar
- Remote Control (2.4 GHz) x1
- Tuning Stand
- DJI Intelligent Battery x2
- Cable Pack
- Micro USB Cable
- Camera Mounting Plate
- Upper Mounting Plate
- Vibration Absorber
Buying a DJI Ronin-MX from Heliguy
When it comes to drones, our UK team have an unrivalled level of expertise. Offering peerless tech support, repair services and even free next day delivery across the UK, we are dedicated to ensuring our customers are given the best possible drone experience.
- Our repair centre is based in the UK
- Three full-time technicians offering expert support over the phone (including help with firmware updates and the resolution of software issues)
- Our pick up service saves you money on costly postage
- Keep your drone covered with our extra care packages
- We offer FREE next day delivery across the UK
- 14-day return policy under UK consumer rights protection