Precise Data - Quickly
Here are some of the advantages of using LiDAR.
- LiDAR is an active system that uses ultraviolet, near-infrared light to image objects requiring no external light for effective mapping. This means it can be used in the dark.
- LiDAR surveying is extremely precise. It is particularly useful for mapping small features, such as high-voltage power lines.
- Not only is LiDAR data accurate, it can also collect dense geo-referenced point cloud data.
- When integrated with a drone, LiDAR sensing is a fast and efficient aerial surveying solution - covering large areas quickly and improving safety.
- LiDAR point clouds can be used to create 3D Digital Elevation Models of terrains, 3D Digital Surface Models, and 3D Models of buildings or industrial objects - benefiting a range of industrial and commercial applications.
- LiDAR has the ability to penetrate through multiple layers, such as a tree canopy, to see all the way to the ground. In traditional photogrammetry, vegetation can stop you from acquiring an accurate representation of what the ground topography looks like.