How do I become a qualified drone pilot?

Depending on your operational requirements, you can take an A2 CofC or a GVC course.

A2 CofC drone training is for drone pilots flying in the Open category.

Operators wanting to fly in the Specific category (geared at the majority of enterprise pilots) will require an Operational Authorisation (which replaced the PfCO). For this, a GVC is required. 

To find out more, read our in-depth UK Drone Laws blog or learn more about heliguy™ Drone Training.


This answer was generated from information sourced from the following pages:

How do I become a qualified drone pilot?

heliguy™ Knowledge Base

Learn everything from basic drone terminology to advanced UAS concepts and best practices.

Ask a Question