What’s Included?Firmware is the program used by your device to help run like it's supposed to. Firmware updates are required when companies make improvements to how the device is supposed to run. Let’s take a look at what’s included in this update for DJI's Spark:
- Battery optimisation, improving the Spark’s battery management system. This should help with the Spark’s stability and optimise its battery power during flight. Due to this, you need to ensure all batteries for the Spark are updated along with the aircraft
- A fix has been put in place for an issue some users were experiencing with the remote controller following other firmware updates. The remote controller should now sync with the Spark and function properly after firmware updates
- Additional support for full integration between the Spark and the DJI Goggles
- The Spark’s stability should be improved when using the PalmLaunch function
- Issue for some users unable to set flight distance should be fixed
- Accuracy when using the QuickShot modes for the Dronie and Helix should be increased. This includes the regional issue of the insufficient ascent within the modes
A Brief Overview of How to Update your Firmware[caption id="attachment_10441" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Left - DJI GO 4 & Right - DJI Assistant 2[/caption] Pilots can use the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 desktop to update the firmware on their Spark. Heliguy recommend that the DJI GO 4 app is used for increased usability when upgrading the Spark and will provide the overview of updating below: [caption id="attachment_10461" align="aligncenter" width="600"] DJI GO 4 Firmware Update[/caption] For the full guide on updating firmware through the DJI GO app and other helpful tips on the Spark and DJI products, visit our help page.
SummaryImproving the safety of the Spark’s flight and its functionality will hopefully bring an end to the reports of issues users are having with the Spark. However, questions are likely to be raised in relation to DJI being able to remotely stop your aircraft from flying. Is this update require just as it specifically links to the safety of one of their drones? Or is it the first of things that may be coming into the way DJI move forward? Heliguy will keep you up to date with this and all other news in relation to drones on our Insider blog.
Thinking about picking up the Spark but not sure if it's the right drone for you? Read our Insider post to see how it compares against the Mavic here. We also have a deal on some of our Sparks that include a free battery. Head over to our product page for the full details.
Keep checking back to Heliguy’s Insider Blog for more exclusive interviews, insights into the regulatory landscape and, of course, the latest news from the drone industry.