- DJI releases Dock 2, which operates with new DJI Matrice 3TD/3D drones;
- Dock suited for a range of missions, including high-precision mapping and surveying;
- Dock 2 adopts a smaller and portable design compared to the original DJI Dock - weighing only 34kg, compared to 105kg;
- New Matrice 3TD/3D drones can fly for up to 50 minutes, covering a radius of up to 10km;
- Dock 2 released for Chinese market.
DJI has unveiled the DJI Dock 2 drone in a box.
It features an upgraded integrated, lightweight design and comes equipped with the new DJI Matrice 3D/3TD Series - supporting high-precision surveying and mapping, and security and inspection operations.
This exciting new addition to the drone in a box market has initially been released for the Chinese market.
heliguy™ is a DJI partner for the original DJI Dock. Contact us to speak to one of our Enterprise experts to enquire about the new Dock.
Waterproof And Dustproof
The Dock 2 adopts a high-protection and lightweight design. The dust-proof and waterproof capability of the Dock 2 is IP55.
The machine weighs about 34kg - substantially lighter than Dock 1 - making it easier to transport and deploy.
The minimum interval between two flights is 32 min (aircraft battery is charged from 20% to 90%).
New DJI Matrice 3TD/3D
The new DJI Matrice 3TD/3D drones are designed specifically for the Dock 2.
Matrice 3TD is equipped with wide-angle, telephoto and thermal cameras, making it suitable for operations such as security patrol, emergency response, and automated asset inspections.
The Matrice 3D drone is equipped with a telephoto camera and a mechanical shutter wide-angle camera, which can meet the requirements of high-precision surveying and mapping operations, such as site progress monitoring and earthwork measurements.
The differences between the two drones are outlined below.
|DJI Matrice 3D||DJI Matrice 3TD|
1/1.32 inch CMOS;
56x hybrid zoom
|Thermal Camera||N/A||640 x 512 @ 30fps|
The drones have an IP54 protection level and can fly for up to 50 minutes. When used with the Dock, they can achieve an effective operating radius of 10km.
Cloud Operation For Automated Drone Flights
The Dock can be used with DJI FlightHub 2 for a variety of intelligent cloud operations.
Similar to the Dock 2, it also supports Cloud API, enabling third-party developers to build cloud platforms to operate and manage DJI Dock 2.
The M3D/M3TD aircraft is equipped with E-Port that can allow third-party payloads to be mounted on the aircraft.
DJI describes the Dock 2 as a more cost-effective solution compared to the Dock 1, with a lower hardware cost.
What Are The Differences Between The DJI Dock 2 And The DJI Dock?
These are some of the key upgrades of the Dock 2, compared to the Dock 1.
- Smaller footprint and lighter weight: 34kg and 0.34 metre-squared footprint. Easier to transport and deploy.
- Improved coverage and efficiency: 50 minute maximum flight time and 10km maximum operation range.
- Surveying Capability: M3D integrates a 20MP surveying camera (same as DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise camera) that opens up new opportunities for high-precision surveying and mapping missions, for jobs such as construction site management, earthwork movements, and mining.
- More cost-effective: Lower hardware cost and deployment/maintenance service cost.
The table below compares some of the key specs between the two solutions.
|DJI Dock 2||DJI Dock 1|
|Size||Dock opened:1228 x 583 x 412mm
Dock closed: 570 x 583 x 465mm
|Dock opened:1675 x 885 x 735mm
Dock closed: 800 x 885 x 1065mm
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 V,50/60 Hz||100 ~ 240 VAC,50/60 Hz|
|Input Power||max 1000 W||Max 1500 W|
|Temperature||-25°C ~ 45°C||-35°C ~ 50°C|
|Max Take-off Altitude||2500 m||4000 m|
|Max Operation Radius||10 km||7 km|
|Compatible Drones||DJI Matrice 3D
DJI Matrice TD
|DJI M30 (Dock version)
DJI M30T (Dock version)
|Backup Battery||More than 5 hours||More than 5 hours|
|Development||Cloud API + edge computing||Cloud API + edge computing|
When it comes to using the M3D Series and the M30 Series with their respective Docks:
- The M3D Series has a longer flight time: 50 minutes v 40 minutes.
- The M30 Series has a better IP rating (IP55 vs IP54) and stronger operating temperature envelope (-20°C to 50°C vs -20°C to 45°C).
- The M30 Series has a laser rangefinder, but the M3D Series does not.