Mavic Pro PlatinumBelow, we'll be looking into the new quadcopter from DJI, the Mavic Pro Platinum.
New FeaturesLet’s take a look at the new features of the Mavic Pro Platinum.
- An increased flight time of up to 30 minutes
- Extended flight distance from 8 to 9.32 miles (15 km)
- Reduced noise level of 4dB (60%) during takeoff and landing
- Redesign of the aircraft’s look
- New 8331 propellers for increased endurance
- New FOC (Field Oriented Control) Sinusoidal ESCs (Electronic Speed Controller)
Looking at the Mavic Pro PlatinumThe Mavic Pro Platinum builds on the successful design of the original Mavic Pro aircraft. The Platinum has kept the lightweight and foldable legs and props of the Mavic Pro and is still one of the most easily transportable quadcopters on the market for prosumers. It can easily be transported in a large pocket or small bag, avoid the need for heavy drone cases of additional bags. It’s impressive the technology can fit inside such a small aircraft. The Mavic Pro Platinum has a 3-axis gimbal and camera capable of shooting images in 12 megapixels and video in 4K at 30fps. The gimbal provides stable footage even at high speeds, always giving excellent image quality. Adobe DNG RAW is also supported on the Platinum. The Mavic Pro Platinum has five built in vision sensors that can sense obstacle up to 49ft (15m) away and either avoid or brake to help reduce accidents. The Platinum has 24 high-performance computing cores, GPS and GLONASS positioning system for precise hovering on indoor and outdoor flights, and an OcuSync transmission system that provides a range of up to 4.3 miles (7km). The Platinum is packed full of intelligent flight feature including ActiveTrack, to effortlessly track subjects, Tripod Mode, for increased flight precision, TapFly, to easily fly your drone in your chosen direction, as well as many more. New DJI Mavic Platinum Folded
What’s in the Box?The Platinum comes as a standalone product or can be purchased as part of the Fly More combo pack to give you additional accessories and improve the flying experience.
|Fly More Combo
|Stand Alone Platinum
|1 x Mavic Pro Platinum 1 x Remote Controller 3 x Intelligent Flight Batteries 5 x Quick Release Folding 8331 Propellers Pairs 1 x Charger 1 x Power Cable 1 x Gimbal Cover 1 x Gimbal Clamp 1 x microSD Car 16GB 1 x Micro USB Cable 4 x RC Cable Slider 3 x RC Cables 1 x Battery Charging Hub 1 x Car Charger 1 x Battery to Power Bank Adaptor 1 x Mavic Shoulder Bag
|1 x Mavic Pro Platinum 1 x Remote Controller 1 x Intelligent Flight Batteries 3 x Quick Release Folding 8331 Propellers Pairs 1 x Charger 1 x Power Cable 1 x Gimbal Cover 1 x Gimbal Clamp 1 x microSD Car 16GB 1 x Micro USB Cable 4 x RC Cable Slider 3 x RC Cables
Mavic Pro Platinum SummaryThe Mavic Pro Platinum has been created as a development on their already impressive Mavic Pro. The design has developed on the transportability and high-performance computing and increased the flight time to give you even more out of the aircraft. You can purchase your Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo on our product page. Mavic Pro Platinum Battery
Phantom 4 Pro & Pro+ ObsidianNext up, we have the Obsidian which is available for both the Pro and Pro+ models. Keep reading for some of the features and the full details. Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian
Looking at the ObsidianThe Obsidian features a new colour option available for the Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+, along with their accessories. The Obsidian is an iconic matte-grey version of the aircraft. There's also a new magnesium gimbal to match that's electroplated and has an anti-fingerprint coating. The Obsidian has the same specification as the previous iterations of the Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+ and includes the following:
- A 1-inch camera capable of capturing 20-megapixel images and video in 4K at 60 fps. The Obsidian also includes a Burst Mode which captures stills at 14 fps
- A mechanical shutter which eliminates shutter distortion
- An eight-element, seven series lens, engineered to offer the highest quality images and video
- FlightAutonomy made up of vision sensors in the front and rear, as well as left and right side infrared, to offer 5-direction obstacle sensing and 4-direction obstacle avoidance
- A flight time of up to 30 minutes due to the 15.2V 5870 mAh Obsidian Intelligent Flight Battery
- A maximum flight range of up to 4.3 miles (7km)
- A maximum speed of 45mph when flown in the Sport Mode and up to 31mph in other modes
- The Phantom Pro+ Obsidian includes a 1000 cd/m2, 5.5in screen
Obsidian SummaryThe Obsidian is a great new drone from the Phantom range. Although there have been no technological advancements, the aircraft's new aesthetic is a sleek and stylish choice. As the Obsidian is the price as the original model, it seems like it will be a popular model. Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian in Action
ContactPlease get in touch with our team with any questions about the new Mavic Pro Platinum or any of our other products on the details below. Call - 0191 249 4538 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep checking back to Heliguy’s Insider Blog for more product announcements, insights into DJI’s drones and, of course, the latest news from the drone industry.