DJI Mavic 3 Drones and Accessories
Drones and Fly More Combo Bundles.
Sensors, chargers, remote controls, batteries and optional extra accessories.
Learn more about product features and uses.
DJI Mavic 3 Drones
The next-generation 5.1K DJI Camera Drone
Transform your aerial content with the DJI Mavic 3: A next-generation camera drone for videographers, professional production houses and media workers.
Completely redesigned and upgraded from the popular Mavic 2 Series, the Mavic 3 has an enhanced sensor, a dual-camera system, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, smarter flight modes, and longer flight times.
Mavic 3 Key Features
- 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera
- Dual Camera System - autofocus prime lens and tele lens
- Video: 5.1K/50fps and 4K/120fps
- 20MP images
- Enhanced Mavic 3 Cine edition offers Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding for richer video processing and internal 1TB SSD onboard for high-speed data storage
- 46 minutes of flight time
- 28x hybrid zoom camera
- Smart controller compatibility - the DJI RC Pro and DJI RC
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensor with a maximum 200m range
- DJI AirSense
- Advanced Return To Home
- DJI O3+ Upgraded Transmission System, up to 12km (CE) / 15km (FCC)
- DJI’s first drone that offers a High Frame-Rate Transmission with a 1080p/60fps live feed.
- Intelligent Shooting Modes, including 100MP Panorama Mode
- Range of Mavic 3 accessories
Mavic 3 Camera
Professional 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Dual-Camera System
Mavic 3 sets a new standard for content creation in a foldable and transportable drone.
- Customised L2D-20c aerial camera embeds a professional-grade 4/3 CMOS sensor with a 24mm prime lens.
- Shoot 20MP still images in 12-bit RAW format.
- Video capabilities of 5.1K at 50fps and 4K at 120fp. This enables smoother footage, more generous cropping possibilities and 120fps slow-motion.
- Native dynamic range of 12.8 stops helps retain more details in highlights and shadows.
- Adjustable aperture of f/2.8-f/11.
- 24mm equivalent autofocus prime lens (12.5 grams) has an 84° FOV to capture more details with sharp clarity.
- Mavic 3’s second camera features a 162mm tele lens with 28x Hybrid Zoom (digital + optical) and aperture of f/4.4 for more dynamic perspectives.
- New Vision Detection Auto Focus technology for rapid focusing.
- Unique Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution (HNCS) delivers a deeply accurate colour palette.
- 10-bit D-Log colour profile captures up to 1 billion colours, offering advanced post-production flexibility.
Mavic 3 Camera Options
Mavic 3 Cine Vs Mavic 3 - Camera Options
The Mavic 3 Cine is a version with Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding for a maximum data rate of 3772Mbps, giving professional users a powerful tool to satisfy post-production needs in their daily business.
DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ and H.264/H.265 encoding, while DJI Mavic 3 supports H.264/H.265 encoding only.
The 3772Mbps data rate is possible only while recording in the Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec at 4K/120fps.
To handle the large amounts of data from the ProRes codec and high frame rate videos, Mavic 3 Cine comes with a built-in 1TB SSD.
For a smoother export experience, the new DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable helps transfer large data files rapidly. This comes as part of the Cine Combo, but is available separately.
Mavic 3 Combo Packages
Differences between the Standard, Fly More and Cine Combos.
Three packages are available for the DJI Mavic 3: Standard, Fly More Combo and the Cine Premium Combo.
|Standard||Fly More Combo||Cine Premium Combo|
|Built-in 1TB SSD||-||-||✓|
422 HQ Video Recording
|RC-N1 Remote Controller||x1||x1||-|
|DJI RC Pro Controller||-||-||x1|
|Battery Charging Hub||-||x1||x1|
|ND Filters Set||-||ND4/8/6/32||ND4/8/6/32
|Convertible Carrying Bag||-||x1||x1|
|DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable||-||-||✓|
|Other Essential Items||✓||✓||✓|
|Price At Launch||£1,879||£2,549||£4,279|
Mavic 3 Design And Performance
Up to 46m maximum flight time and 46.9mph top speed.
The Mavic 3 is a foldable and portable drone.
DJI has developed more efficient motors and propellers and reduced the weight of the drone’s structure and hardware.
The drone can fly for up to 46 minutes and can achieve a 30km maximum flight distance per battery charge.
The streamlined design of the Mavic 3 has reduced the overall drag by 35%, compared to the previous generation, resulting in greatly improved speeds. The Mavic 3 can reach a top speed of 46.9 mph (21m/s) in S Mode.
Mavic 3 Safety Features
The DJI Mavic 3 has improved obstacle sensing and navigation systems, upgraded tracking capabilities, DJI AirSense, and an Advanced Return to Home function.
APAS 5.0: Combines inputs from six fish-eye vision sensors and two wide-angle sensors which sense obstacles in all directions and plan safe flight routes to avoid them. APAS 5.0 is most effective when flying under adequate lighting conditions.
ActiveTrack 5.0: This upgraded tracking mode enables the Mavic 3 to move with the subject as it moves forward, backward, left, right, and diagonally, and fly alongside as well as around a moving subject. It can also pick an object back up if it temporarily disappears from the frame.
Advanced Return To Home: This upgraded version of RTH enables the drone to automatically determine the shortest, safest, and energy-efficient route to land back at its home point, also taking into account the wind speed and power required to RTH. This provides more time flying safely before triggering the RTH action.
Powerful Positioning Algorithm: Improved hovering precision with signals from GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou satellites. This makes Mavic 3 less likely to drift in the air and more stable when shooting long exposures and timelapses.
DJI AirSense: Integrated AirSense system to warn drone pilots of nearby manned aviation transmitting ADS-B signals.
Geofencing And Altitude Limits: Alerts when flying near to sensitive locations and altitude limits.
Mavic 3 Upgraded Transmission System
DJI O3+: Upgraded transmission system delivering stable, smooth, and clear video transmission and makes the drone more responsive to your control.
Fly Further: Maximum control range of 15km (FCC) or 12km (CE) enables the drone to fly further and transmit signals with higher stability and less video lag.
High Frame-Rate Transmission: Mavic 3 is DJI’s first drone that offers a High Frame-Rate Transmission with a 1080p/60fps live feed. This means the camera view is displayed at a resolution close to what the camera actually records.
DJI RC Pro Controller
A New Generation Of Smart Controller
The DJI Mavic 3 is compatible with the RC Pro Controller, the standard RC-N1 Remote Controller, and the DJI RC.
The new RC Pro Controller offers a smoother control experience and is upgraded with enhanced antenna power for an extended transmission distance.
It features a 1000-nit high-bright screen which allows better vision and control for outdoor flights.
Its battery system offers an extended operating time of up to three hours and can be charged in 90 minutes.
The RC Pro Controller comes as part of the Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo, and is also available as a separate accessory. The RC-N1 Remote Controller is included in the Mavic 3 standard package and Mavic 3 Fly More Combo.
The Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine are also compatible with the DJI RC smart controller, which was released with the DJI Mini 3 Pro and features a 390g lightweight body, 5.5-inch FHD display, ultra-long 4-hour operating time, and supports DJI O3+ video transmission. The DJI RC is available to buy separately.
Mavic 3 Shooting Modes
New DJI Intelligent Shooting Modes for the Mavic 3.
The Mavic 3 features an array of intelligent modes for creating and editing compelling photos and videos.
MasterShots: Automatic editing and dubbing in the app to quickly create high-quality content which can be shared.
Panorama Mode: Mavic 3 allows pictures to be directly stitched and processed by the drone, without the DJI Fly App or any post-production, allowing users to capture breathtaking landscapes with sweeping breadth and rich detail.
QuickTransfer: Lets users store and process materials on their mobile devices without linking with the remote controller. Mavic 3 can transmit materials from the drone to the mobile device more quickly through the WiFi 6 protocol.
DJI Mavic 3 Accessories
The DJI Mavic 3 features a range of accessories. These include:
DJI 65W Portable Charger: Fast-charging option with a charging time of approximately 96 minutes and is compatible with current notebooks and smartphones via its USB Type-C output.
DJI Convertible Carrying Bag: New design with a backpack and shoulder bag configuration, offering plenty of space for the drone, accessories and other items.
DJI Mavic 3 Wide-Angle Lens: Provides a 108° FOV for a more immersive FPV-style flight experience.
DJI Mavic 3 Storage Cover: Lightweight, minimalist design to protect the camera, gimbal, and propellers when folding and transporting Mavic 3.
DJI ND Filters Set: Two options - ND4/8/16/32 and ND64/128/256/512 - which enables the camera to excel in any bright-lighting condition.
DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable: Download material from the drone to a computer at high speed. Material backup is available on-site, thanks to high-speed transmission.
DJI Mavic 3 Drones and Accessories FAQs
Answers to your most frequently asked questions.
- What is the difference between DJI RCN1 and DJI RC231 controllers?
- What drones are the DJI RCN1 & RC231 compatible with?
- Compared with DJI Mavic 2, what major upgrades does Mavic 3 have?
- Can I take RAW photos with Explore mode?
- What controllers are compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine?
- Can I use other chargers with USB-C ports to charge the Mavic 3 battery?
- Can I charge Mavic 3 directly through the built-in USB-C port of the aircraft body?
- What app is required for using DJI Mavic 3?
- What are the highlights of the DJI Convertible Carrying Bag?
- What is the most efficient way to export files from the built-in SSD of DJI Mavic 3 Cine?
- How long does it take to fully charge a DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery?
- How can I use the DJI 65W Portable Charger?
- Are there any upgrades to the QuickTransfer of Mavic 3 compared with the previous version?
- Does DJI Mavic 3 support the DJI Goggles or the DJI Motion Controller?
- Does the DJI Mavic 3 Cine support the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller?
- How many versions does the DJI Mavic 3 Series have and what are the differences between them?
- What should I pay attention to when using the built-in gimbal lock on DJI Mavic 3?
- What improvements does Advanced RTH have compared with the previous version?
- Compared with the previous generation, what upgrades does the onmidirectional sensing system on DJI Mavic 3 have?
- What should I pay attention to when using the DJI Mavic 3 propellers?
- Were there any upgrades to the propellers used on DJI Mavic 3?
- Does either version of Mavic 3 support simultaneous control by multiple remote controllers?
- How can I use DJI Mavic 3’s tele camera?
- What is the transmission range of DJI Mavic 3?
- How can I set the video transmission feed to 48/50/60fps?
What is the difference between DJI RCN1 and DJI RC231 controllers?
The DJI RCN1 Controller is the standard DJI controller which uses a mobile device to display the DJI app.
DJI RCN1 and RC231 are interchangeable controllers and are both compatible with the list same drones.
What drones are the DJI RCN1 & RC231 compatible with?
DJI RCN1 & DJI RC231 are compatible with the following DJI drones:
Compared with DJI Mavic 2, what major upgrades does Mavic 3 have?
DJI Mavic 3 is DJI’s latest flagship consumer drone.
Compared with Mavic 2, Mavic 3 has substantially upgraded camera performance, integrating a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and a lightweight 24mm equivalent tele camera.
Mavic 3 is capable of capturing 5.1K/50fps and 4K/120fps videos, and Mavic 3 Cine even supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding, offering higher image quality and greater flexibility during post-processing.
In addition to the camera system, Mavic 3 also delivers a comprehensively upgraded flight experience.
Flight time has been extended to 46 minutes, and the new O3+ extends video transmission range to a maximum distance of up to 15 km (FCC) / 12km (CE). Obstacle sensing has been developed into a truly omnidirectional system, with a more powerful APAS 5.0 and Advanced RTH to give users greater peace of mind during flight.
Can I take RAW photos with Explore mode?
What controllers are compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine?
The DJI Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine are compatible with the DJI RC-N1, the DJI RC Pro, and the DJI RC.
Can I use other chargers with USB-C ports to charge the Mavic 3 battery?
Can I charge Mavic 3 directly through the built-in USB-C port of the aircraft body?
What app is required for using DJI Mavic 3?
What is the most efficient way to export files from the built-in SSD of DJI Mavic 3 Cine?
How long does it take to fully charge a DJI Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Battery?
How can I use the DJI 65W Portable Charger?
Are there any upgrades to the QuickTransfer of Mavic 3 compared with the previous version?
Does DJI Mavic 3 support the DJI Goggles or the DJI Motion Controller?
Does the DJI Mavic 3 Cine support the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller?
How many versions does the DJI Mavic 3 Series have and what are the differences between them?
What should I pay attention to when using the built-in gimbal lock on DJI Mavic 3?
DJI Mavic 3 features a built-in gimbal lock to prevent the 3-axis gimbal and camera from shaking, adding an additional layer of safety during transportation and storage. Precautions for use:
1. The normal operating temperature of the gimbal lock is -10° to 40° C (14 to 104° F). If temperatures are outside of this range, it may fail to lock or unlock properly. You will be prompted by the DJI Fly app to use it within the temperature range. For emergency use in special situations, you can manually twist the three axes without damaging the gimbal itself, but this measure is not recommended.
2. The built-in gimbal lock may become unlocked due to external impact. In this case, power on the aircraft and then power off to lock again.
3. After the gimbal is locked, vibrations in each axis may occur.
What improvements does Advanced RTH have compared with the previous version?
Compared to the 20 metres of its predecessor, DJI Mavic 3 has a maximum forward-sensing distance of 200 metres during RTH.
During flight, Mavic 3 will use advanced environmental sensing technology to determine the safest, most energy-efficient flight route to return the drone to its home point.
Compared with the previous generation, what upgrades does the onmidirectional sensing system on DJI Mavic 3 have?
What should I pay attention to when using the DJI Mavic 3 propellers?
Were there any upgrades to the propellers used on DJI Mavic 3?
Does either version of Mavic 3 support simultaneous control by multiple remote controllers?
How can I use DJI Mavic 3’s tele camera?
What is the transmission range of DJI Mavic 3?
How can I set the video transmission feed to 48/50/60fps?
DJI Mavic 3 Review: The Next Generation DJI Camera Drone
The DJI Mavic 3 is a next-generation content-creation drone, with 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, 5.1K/50fps and 4K/120fps video, 46 minutes of flight time and ability to use Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
DJI Mavic 3 vs DJI Mavic 2 Pro Comparison
DJI launch the Mavic 3. See how it compares to the previous generation Mavic 2 Pro, as well as other DJI camera drones, such as the Air 2S.
Mavic 3 Drone Class Marking: DJI Official Statement
The Mavic 3 has been released with no class marking, but DJI insists the issue is of 'the utmost importance' and hopes to 'resolve it as quickly as possible'. Find out what this means and where you can fly in the UK.
DJI Mavic 3 Cine Drone vs Mavic 3
In-depth comparison between the DJI Mavic 3 and the DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Find out the differences between the two drones, including performance specs and what's in the box, and which one is best for your aerial content creation.
New Camera Modes For Mavic 3 After Firmware Update
A new firmware update has been released for the DJI Mavic 3 drone, unlocking features such as QuickShots, Panorama mode, and burst shooting. The firmware update strengthens the Mavic 3's position as the ultimate portable camera drone.
How to use the new DJI Mavic 3 camera functions
In-depth guide to using the camera functions on the DJI Mavic 3 drone, including focusing, parameter settings and Explore Mode.
How to update DJI Mavic 3 Firmware
Step-by-step guide to teach you how to update the firmware for the DJI Mavic 3 drone, using the DJI Fly App or DJI Assistant 2.
How to use the new DJI RC Pro with Mavic 3
A step-by-step tutorial to teach you how to use the new DJI RC Pro controller with the Mavic 3 drone. Also learn flying basics and how to take photo and video.