Why Use the heliguy™ Drone Rental Service?
heliguy™'s drone hire service changes the way you access drones, and is available to commercial and recreational pilots.
There are multiple benefits of hiring a drone from heliguy™. These include:
- Save Money: Significantly cheaper than purchasing the equipment outright.
- Dynamic Scaling: Have the equipment only when you need it, without making a long-term hardware commitment.
- Access The Latest Technology: Hire the latest equipment. When the technology changes, it doesn't negatively impact your company or drone programme - simply rent the newest gear.
- Try Before You Buy: Test on a hire basis, before deciding to buy.
- Less Risk: Don't be lumbered with redundant kit or equipment you use infrequently - having paid a large sum to buy it. This also ensures you do not suffer depreciation of your assets.
- Stress-free Rental: Each rental drone benefits from regular service intervals. If you do crash the drone, don't panic - faults and repairs are outsourced back to us.
How does Heliguy's Drone Rental Service Work?
There are five easy steps to renting a drone package from heliguy™.
- Choose the equipment you would like to hire with heliguy™.
- Select the dates from the live availability selector on our website.
- Upload any relevant documentation that is needed for the rental - including proof of Flyer ID and any relevant drone training certificates, such as A2 CofC and GVC - and obtain an insurance policy (we recommend Coverdrone) if you don't have one.
- Check out with your rental basket to confirm your booking.
- Receive the equipment in time for your hire period.
Which Drones can I Rent?
heliguy™ offers a wide range of equipment for hire.
Our special packages, such as the M300 RTK rental combo, include what you need to enhance mission efficiency and success.
Depending on the drone, you can add sensors and other accessories to tailor your rental package.
We'll do whatever we can to make sure you can access the kit you need.
Drone Rental Periods
Our rental packages are available to hire in weekly slots, but you can rent the equipment across multiple weekly blocks.
Drone Hire FAQs
Commonly asked questions about heliguy™'s drone hire service.
Yes, to ensure the safety of the pilot hiring the equipment, heliguy™ requires proof of your training certificates, such as the A2 CofC or GVC, if you are flying for commercial reasons. If you are flying recreationally, we will not need to see your training certificates.
No - You will need to provide your own valid insurance policy that covers hired in goods and specifies drones. Providers like Coverdrone can offer you this kind of cover.
You also need to factor loss of hire costs in the event that Heliguy is unable to hire out the equipment to other clients as a result of damage caused.
Yes - If you hire a drone with Heliguy then decide that you'd like to purchase one for your own use, then we'll offer a discount on the full purchase price of a new unit.
There is a small charge for delivery and collection, depending on the rental package you choose. This will be added to the cost of your rental package.
Of course! Our drone rental programme allows you to hire extra equipment for commercial operations.
Yes - our terms and conditions of hire state that you must have valid aviation insurance to comply with EC Regulation 785/2004, together with such other insurance as we may from time to time consider reasonably necessary and advise to you.
As long as your rental package is processed by 1pm, we can ship your equipment by next-day courier, Monday to Friday.
You can also book your slot in advance, and you will receive the equipment ready for your period of hire.
Please allow one day to bring all paperwork together.
You will need a copy of your insurance, a Flyer ID, and relevant training documentation.
This depends on your own insurance policy. Please consult your insurance documents.
heliguy™ Rental Guide
In order to rent a drone with heliguy™ you'll need to have to hand:
CAA Flyer ID - The ID that identifies you as a pilot. Available for free from the CAA. You'll need to pass a simple multiple-choice test to get a Flyer ID.
Proof of Training - If you're renting a drone that weighs 250g or more (Mavic Mini 2 is exempt), you'll need to prove you're a qualified pilot by providing us with proof of an A2 CofC, GVC or PfCO qualification.
Proof of Insurance - We recommend getting instant, cost-effective cover for your rental with Coverdrone. Simply choose heliguy™ has the hirer name and use email@example.com has the hirer contact email so that we're notified of your insurance policy
Once you've got these documents to hand - simply choose the dates for your booking and upload the required documentation.