The Unique heliguy™ Training Ecosystem
Advanced Online Learning
Flexible and on-demand online learning - any time, any place. Learn at your own pace, replay and rewatch content to reinforce learning, and access live support from our expert training team.
Work With The Best
Hone your skills with a drone training industry leader. Our experienced CAA-qualified instructors have taught 3,000+ candidates, including staff from Network Rail and UK emergency services.
Avoid Hidden Costs
Unlike some, we won't surprise you with extra exam fees or extra costly modules to get qualified - what you see is what you pay.
Ongoing Advice and Support
Your qualification is just the start. Receive lifetime support with dedicated aftercare, partner discounts, added-value learning courses, and professional advice to further your drone pilot credentials.
Combined A2 CofC & GVC Drone Training Course
Achieve both qualifications for enhanced operational flexibility.
Two Courses. One Package.
The Combined A2 CofC and GVC drone training course gives you the chance to complete both modules in one package.
This is a more cost-effective option than completing both courses separately.
Achieving the A2 CofC and GVC provides greater operational freedom, enabling organisations the flexibility of operating across the Open and Specific Categories.
The course involves a multiple choice theory examination (60 questions), a Practical Flight Assessment, and the completion of an Operations Manual.
Take the theory course online with heliguy™, and learn from a team which has trained more than 3,000 candidates and delivered training to the likes of Network Rail, National Grid, and the UK emergency services.
Who We've Trained
heliguy™ Drone Training Benefits
Comprehensive training from an industry leader.
- CAA-approved Combined Course delivered by our experienced in-house instructors who have trained drone-pilot teams from the likes of Network Rail, National Grid, Phillips 66, AB Ports and London Fire Brigade.
- Flexible and on-demand online learning through the heliguy™ Learning Management System, with engaging course content and interactive support from our training team.
- Sit your theory test remotely, with flexible exam slots available.
- Streamlined Operations Manual creation process, as well as annual renewal service and guidance.
- Conduct your bespoke flight assessment - tailored to your operation - at any of our UK venues.
- Unlimited free resits for the theory exam and flight assessment, and dedicated aftercare support.
- Partner discounts, bonus material, regulation updates, and additional industry courses through heliguy™ Learning Management System.
- Industry-specific closed courses and on-site learning provide your organisation with tailored learning.
- Training ecosystem includes fixed-wing, GIS, CPD, and specific emergency services tuition.
- Operate beyond Standard Permissions with the heliguy™ Operating Safety Case consultancy.
- heliguy™ Operations Manual framework judged to meet the highest drone industry standards, endorsed by IQ Verify against the requirements of BS ISO 21384-3: 2019.
Set the foundation for your commercial drone operations
The Combined A2 CofC/GVC Course consists of the same training pathway to that of the GVC course, however, the theoretical learning for the A2 CofC (Open Category) will be delivered alongside that of the existing GVC (Specific Category) syllabus.
The course is a three-step process: Theory exam, the creation of an Operations Manual and a Practical Flight Assessment.
It sets the foundations for your commercial drone journey and enables you to become a qualified and competent remote drone pilot who can operate safely and legally.
Our experienced team of in-house instructors will be on hand to help you throughout the training process, and continue to offer support and advice long after you've passed.
Upon completion of the course, candidates will receive the A2 CofC and GVC certificates, enabling immediate operation within the Open Category and providing eligibility to submit an application to the CAA for an Operational Authorisation to operate in the Specific Category.
The first stage of the A2 CofC-GVC Combined Course: Prepare for the exam through our online training, and then sit the theory test remotely via webcam.
The examination covers topics such as air law/responsibilities; UAS airspace operating principles; and Airmanship and aviation safety.
The heliguy™ team will support you throughout your online learning.
Benefits of online learning (Learning Management System) include:
- Complete the syllabus on-demand - any time, any place.
- Learn at your own pace and convenience and rewatch content to reinforce learning.
- Need help or advice? Contact our expert instructors via the live messenger.
Drone Operations Manual
This important document, submitted to the CAA, explains how you will conduct operations in the Specific Category under UKPDRA-01.
It covers areas such as safety, incident reporting, flight planning, and emergencies, as well as information about your drones and pilots.
heliguy™'s streamlined Operations Manual creation process shaves days off this once time-consuming task and has been judged to meet the highest industry standards against the requirements of BS ISO 21384-3: 2019.
Practical Flight Assessment
After passing the theory exam, conduct the Practical Flight Assessment at one of our UK venues.
Demonstrate your ability to control your drone, safely and accurately, through a series of manoeuvres.
Our practical flight assessment is tailored to your operational needs, ensuring you have the right skills for the right job.
The Practical Flight Assessment removes the requirement to complete a period of practical flight training which is usually needed as part of the stand-alone A2 CofC course.
Commercial Drone Operations
Grow your commercial drone programme with heliguy™
Our expert instructors have created rich course content to help you pass the A2 CofC-GVC exam and embrace a commercial drone programme.
But this is only the beginning. We offer an ecosystem beyond the standard syllabus to enable you to scale your drone enterprise, enhance pilot capability, and conduct missions outside the confines of Standard Permissions.
Industry-specific closed courses are a major part of the heliguy™ training ecosystem.
We have delivered tailored training to the likes of Network Rail, Phillips 66, and many of the UK's emergency services.
- Private drone training courses
- Multiple candidates at once
- A tailored yet standardised approach
- CPD courses and application-specific training, such as surveying and inspection
heliguy™ offers an integrated end-to-end solution of services, including:
- Hardware support
- Supply from a vast stock inventory
- Drone-defence solutions
- In-house repairs and crash support from DJI-trained technicians
- Rental equipment and service level agreements
- Large logistics network for rapid supply
OSC Consultation & Ops Manual Renewal
heliguy™ provides a foundation for you to grow your drone operations.
Expand your enterprise with an Operational Authorisation through the GVC Course.
Further extend your permissions with an Operating Safety Case (OSC) to enable more bespoke missions.
- OSC consultancy service
- GVC Drone Training Course
- Steamlined Operations Manual creation/renewal
UK Drone Training Accreditations
We hold a wide range of commercial, industry and service based accreditations and awards.
Still confused about training?
Alternative courses and more information on UK drone laws
Which course is right for me?
Which drone training do I need?
Learn more about which drone training is right for you.
UK drone laws blog
Read about UK drone laws and which qualifications are relevant to different drones and operations.
Talk to heliguy™ training team
Request a callback and cut out the confusion by talking to our expert team who will happily steer you in the right direction.
DJI drone training calculator
Select the DJI drone model or family you own and find out which training is relevant to your operation.
CAA Drone Registration
Register to fly with the CAA (UK Civil Aviation Authority).
Drone Pilot Registration
The majority of drone pilots will need to register with the CAA (UK Civil Aviation Authority) and get an operator ID and/or flyer ID.Operator ID
If you’re responsible for a drone or model aircraft, you are required to register as a drone operator to get an operator ID. This costs £9.Flyer ID
If your drone weighs over 250g, the drone pilot must register and get a flyer ID. There is a 40 question multiple choice exam. This is completely free.
An A2 CofC can be used with the following DJI drones:
- DJI Mavic 3
- DJI Mini 2 (if over 250g or for additional permissions)
- DJI Mavic Mini (if over 250g or for additional permissions)
- DJI Air 2S
- DJI Mavic Air 2
- DJI Mavic Air
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
- DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Series
- DJI Phantom 4 Series
- DJI Phantom 3 Series
A GVC is best suited to the following DJI drones:
- DJI M300 RTK
- DJI M200 Series
- DJI Inspire 2
- DJI M600 Series
The GVC is an advanced level of drone training/qualification compared to the A2 CofC. Operators of drones such as the DJI Phantom 4 Series and Mavic 2 Enterprise Series may opt to do the GVC, instead of the A2 CofC, to enhance their permissions.
- Valid for 5 years
- Valid for both commercial and hobbyist pilots
- Allows for operations in the Open and Specific categories
- Remote learning through online platform (closed courses available)
- Live support from tutors via online messenger or telephone
- Online theory test, via webcam
- Practical Flight Assessment required
- Operations Manual creation