The Unique heliguy™ Training Ecosystem
Advanced Online Learning
Flexible and on-demand online learning - any time, any place. Learn at your own pace, replay and rewatch content to reinforce learning, and access live support from our expert training team.
Work With The Best
Hone your skills with a drone training industry leader. Our experienced CAA-qualified instructors have taught 3,000+ candidates, including staff from Network Rail and UK emergency services.
Avoid Hidden Costs
Unlike some, we won't surprise you with extra exam fees or extra costly modules to get qualified - what you see is what you pay.
Ongoing Advice and Support
Your qualification is just the start. Receive lifetime support with dedicated aftercare, partner discounts, added-value learning courses, and professional advice to further your drone pilot credentials.
Fixed-wing Drone training course
Apply for a fixed-wing Operational Authorisation.
Fixed-Wing Drone Training GVC Module
The heliguy™ fixed-wing drone training module provides pilots with the knowledge and skills they need to operate fixed-wing aircraft safely and effectively.
The fixed-wing course is a bolt-on to the heliguy™ standard GVC module and upon completion, candidates will be able to apply to the UK CAA for a fixed-wing Operational Authorisation to operate in the Specific Category. Alternatively, candidates can apply for a fixed-wing OSC (Operational Safety Case) to fly outside of Standard permissions.
The fixed-wing GVC course involves theory learning and multiple choice theory examination; both can be conducted online. A practical flight assessment and an Operations Manual will also need to be completed.
Our team of instructors have vast fixed-wing experience.
Fixed-wing drones are a popular commercial tool thanks to their enhanced flight time and stability, compared to multirotor drones.
What You Will Learn On The Fixed Wing Theory Course
The fixed-wing module can be completed online through the heliguy™ Learning Management System. This enables candidates to learn at their own convenience and at their own pace.
The module includes:
- The principles of flight and how they apply to the operation of fixed-wing aircraft;
- To identify the parts of a fixed wing and know their function;
- The consequences of failures of components or systems;
How to assess the suitability of a take-off and landing site;
- The importance of following pre-flight checklists;
- The actions to be taken in an emergency.
GVC Drone Training Benefits
Learn why our training is the best rated in the industry.
- CAA-approved GVC course delivered by our experienced in-house instructors who have trained drone-pilot teams from the likes of Network Rail, National Grid, Sellafield Sites, Manchester City FC, and Phillips 66.
- Flexible and on-demand online learning through the heliguy™ Learning Management System, with engaging course content and interactive support from our training team.
- Online theory test, via webcam, with our in-house team of examiners. Flexible exam slots available.
- Streamlined Operations Manual creation process, as well as annual renewal service and guidance.
- Conduct your bespoke flight assessment - tailored to your commercial operation.
- Unlimited free resits for the theory exam and flight assessment, and dedicated aftercare support.
- Partner discounts, bonus material, regulation updates, and additional industry courses through heliguy™ Learning Management System.
- Industry-specific closed courses and on-site learning provide your organisation with tailored learning.
- Operate beyond Standard Permissions with heliguy™'s Operating Safety Case consultancy.
Still confused about training?
Alternative courses and more information on UK drone laws
A2 CofC Course for pilots of small drones
A2 CofC (Certificate of Competency)
Learn more about the A2 CofC drone training course
A2 CofC is a remote pilot competency certificate which provides a single qualification that is suitable for VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) operations.
The A2 CofC facilitates operations within the A2 Subcategory of the Specific Category; useful for enhancing permissions flying smaller legacy DJI aircraft.
GVC Course for pilots of larger drones
GVC (General Visual line of sight Certificate)
Learn more about the GVC drone training course
GVC is a remote pilot competency certificate which provides a single qualification that is suitable for VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) operations.
The GVC facilitates operations within the Specific Category; especially useful for legacy DJI aircraft over 2kg.
Which course is right for me?
Which drone training do I need?
Learn more about which drone training is right for you.
UK drone laws blog
Read about UK drone laws and which qualifications are relevant to different drones and operations.
Talk to heliguy™ training team
Request a callback and cut out the confusion by talking to our expert team who will happily steer you in the right direction.
DJI drone training calculator
Select the DJI drone model or family you own and find out which training is relevant to your operation.
- Valid for 5 years
- Suited to commercial drone pilots
- Allows for operations in the Specific Category, or applications to the CAA for a fixed-wing OSC
- Remote learning through online platform
- Live support from instructors via online messenger, telephone or 1-2-1 video link
- Online theory test, via webcam
- Practical Flight Assessment
- Operations Manual
- Practical flight assessment required to complete certification.
- Flight assessment must be completed at our Newcastle test location.