Do I need drone registration if I have a drone licence?
Most drone users will need to register with the CAA, regardless of whether or not they have a drone licence.
The only times that registration does not apply are:
- toys below 250g or in C0 class
- those in C0 class with no camera, whether they are a toy or not
- those below 250g with no camera and no class mark, whether they’re a toy or not
A drone licence is different to registration, and depends on the weight of your drone and how you plan to use it.
This answer was generated from information sourced from the following pages:
- Drone Licence - www.heliguy.com/pages/drone-licence
- heliguy™ Blog - www.heliguy.com/blogs/posts/
- Drone Tutorials - www.heliguy.com/pages/help/