Is my UK drone licence valid in Europe?

No. Following Brexit, drone pilots need to re-do the A2 CofC or GVC in the EU member state they wish to fly. However, once you have an A2 CofC or GVC in one EU member state, this is valid throughout EU countries.

It is important to note that drone pilots can still operate in an EU member state in the A1 (sub 250g drone only) or A3 Subcategories of the Open Category without a drone licence, provided that they meet the necessary requirements, including registration in accordance to that country's drone registration requirements.


This answer was generated from information sourced from the following pages:

Is my UK drone licence valid in Europe?

heliguy™ Knowledge Base

Learn everything from basic drone terminology to advanced UAS concepts and best practices.

Ask a Question