- Firmware update makes DJI RC Plus smart controller compatible with DJI M300 RTK drone;
- DJI RC Plus is a top-level professional controller with some key upgrades compared to the M300 RTK's standard controller;
- These enhanced features include larger and brighter screen, extended battery time, and an IP rating;
- Firmware update also adds support for the M300 RTK to use the new TB65 battery ecosystem, launched with the DJI M350 RTK.
This pairing has been on the wish list of M300 RTK operators ever since the controller was released with the DJI M30 Series last year.
As DJI's most advanced controller, the RC Plus has some stellar upgrades compared to the M300 RTK's standard controller, the Smart Controller Enterprise, including a larger and brighter screen, an IP rating, and longer battery life.
Compatibility with the M300 RTK comes on the back of the launch of the DJI M350 RTK drone.
The RC Plus comes in the box with the DJI M350 RTK, but is available separately with the M300 RTK.
DJI RC Plus Vs DJI Smart Controller Enterprise
DJI RC Plus compatibility with the M300 RTK will come as welcome news for many operators of this drone, as this state-of-the-art controller has some enhanced features compared to the M300 RTK's standard RC, the Smart Controller Enterprise.
The table below shows the key specification differences between the DJI RC Plus and the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise.
|DJI RC Plus
|DJI Smart Controller Enterprise
|Internal Battery: 3.18 hours;
Internal + External Battery: 6 hours
|Internal Battery: 2.5 hours;
Internal + External Battery: 4.5 hours
|-20°C to 50°C
|-20°C to 40°C
|Dual Operator Support
DJI M350 RTK
DJI M300 RTK
DJI M30 Series
DJI Inspire 3 (Inspire 3 version)
|DJI M300 RTK
As well as the above features, the DJI RC Plus includes more physical buttons, allowing pilots to build muscle memory, quickly access important flight features, and take advantage of a more seamless flight experience.
Six new buttons have been added and mapped to specific functions according to which camera view is being used. With just a little practice and muscle memory, pilots can seamlessly toggle through different camera views, zoom in and out, and drop PinPoints, without having to move their hands away from the control sticks.
The DJI RC Plus also has a quad-antenna design for enhanced connection stability. The top two antennas are also removeable - giving teams the ability to attach their own solutions to enable greater range and video feed clarity when interference is disruptive.
As well as enabling DJI RC Plus compatibility with the M300 RTK, the firmware update also:
- Adds support for the M300 RTK to use with the new TB65 Intelligent Flight Battery.
- Adds support for the BS60 Intelligent Battery Station to use with the TB65 Intelligent Flight Battery.
- Adds support for DJI Smart Controller Enterprise to use with the BS65 Intelligent Battery Station, such as updating firmware and exporting Log.
The below information outlines the firmware update details in full.
v07.00.01.00 (for DJI Smart Controller Enterprise)
v57.00.01.00 (for DJI RC Plus). A DJI Assistant 2 offline update is required. For details on how to do this, click here.
Remote Controller Firmware
v07.00.01.00 (DJI Smart Controller Enterprise)
v01.02.04.40 (DJI RC Plus). Please note that the controller requires an offline firmware update. For details on how to do this, click here.
Pilot 2 App
v18.104.22.168 (built-in DJI Smart Controller Enterprise)
v22.214.171.124 (built-in DJI RC Plus)
Intelligent Battery Station
Intelligent Flight Battery
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station for Matrice
v03.01.00.00 (D-RTK 2 Mobile Station: v03.01.00.00)
Zenmuse H20 / H20T
Zenmuse XT S
DJI Skyport V2
DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series)
Firmware Upgrade Methods
- Aircraft / Remote Controller: DJI Assistant 2 / App
- Zenmuse H20 / H20T: micro SD card / DJI Assistant 2 / App
- D-RTK 2 Mobile Station: DJI Assistant 2
- The built-in DJI Pilot 2 app: will be updated with the Remote Controller firmware.
- Intelligent Battery Station: App (Connect the Battery Station to the remote controller and update it on the HMS page in the DJI Pilot 2 app).