A new firmware update has been issued for the DJI Osmo Pocket, providing a range of enhanced features, including optimised face detection.
The DJI Osmo Pocket is a tiny stabilised vlogging camera offering storytelling freedom in the palm of your hand.
The chocolate-bar-sized Osmo Pocket, measuring in at just under five-inches long and weighing 116g, boasts the smallest three-axis gimbal in DJI history, the ability to capture shake-free footage, a 1/2.3-inch sensor and capabilities of shooting 4k/60fps video at 100Mbps and photos at 12MP. Other exciting features include Mationlapse, ActiveTrack, 3×3 panorama and NightShot technology.
So let's get an overview of this firmware update and find out what's new.
- Firmware: v01.06.00.20 (this firmware is approx. 99MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.6
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.6
New Features and Capabilities
- Added a tip prompt and display icon when connecting an external microphone.
- Added option in settings to turn off the beeping sound when pressing buttons.
- Optimised user interface of pro settings.
- Optimised face detection.
- Reduced focus pulsing when switching between scenes.
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
- Firmware v01.06.00.20 is required when using with charging case.