Ofqual Level 4 Drone Training Course
Ofqual Level 4 Drone Pilot Training
Ofqual-regulated GVC Drone Training Course
The Level 4 drone training course is an Ofqual-accredited version of the GVC (General Visual Line of Sight) Course.
Designed for aspiring remote pilots and those with previous experience, the course provides candidates with the chance to go beyond the standard GVC syllabus, demonstrating an enhanced understanding and level of operational competence.
This additional learning - which includes the completion of workbook assessments - can give remote pilots and organisations the competitive edge, safe in the knowledge that they have undertaken an advanced syllabus which has been scrutinised for quality.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded the Level 4 GVC, certificated by Training Qualifications United Kingdom (TQUK).
Ofqual Level 4 Award: A Regulated Qualification
Enhanced personal development in the UAS industry
An approved and independently audited professional qualification: the Level 4 Award is a Regulated Qualification. This differs from the standard GVC course, which is an Unregulated Qualification.
The Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) is the national credit transfer scheme of education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Learners are awarded credits when achieving regulated qualifications, which may be transferable to other qualifications. They may also be transferable across the continent.
The Level 4 Course consists of 60 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT), equating to 6 credits.
The course is eligible for Enhanced Learning Credits (80% costs covered by ELC, 20% by the learner).
Benefits of Ofqual Regulated Qualification
Benefits of Regulated Qualifications include:
- Validates that the learning meets the highest standards of training
- May result in progression into employment or career development
- Elevate your profile above the competition making your CV stand out and boosts credibility and increases job and contract prospects
- Demonstrate your passion for personal development
- Show evidence of continual professional development in an establishing industry
- Develop knowledge far superior to standard training courses
- Clarity and benchmarking for employers and organisations
- Heightened safety for organisations
- Be eligible for grants or subsidised training such as Publicly Funded Higher Education (PFHE) or Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC)
- Gain confidence that your qualification is delivered by an organisation whose integrity, resources and competence have been independently and continually validated.
Ofqual Level 4 GVC Training Benefits
Why our drone training is the best rated in the industry.
- TQUK-verified GVC course delivered by our experienced in-house instructors who have trained drone-pilot teams from the likes of Network Rail, National Grid, Sellafield Sites, Manchester City FC, and Phillips 66.
- Flexible and on-demand online learning through the heliguy™ Learning Management System, with engaging course content and interactive support from our training team.
- Sit your theory test remotely, with flexible exam slots available.
- Streamlined Operations Manual creation process, as well as annual renewal service and guidance.
- Conduct your bespoke flight assessment - tailored to your commercial operation - at any of our UK venues.
- Unlimited free resits for the theory exam and flight assessment, and dedicated aftercare support.
- Partner discounts, bonus material, regulation updates, and additional industry courses through heliguy™ Learning Management System.
- Industry-specific closed courses and on-site learning provide your organisation with tailored learning.
- heliguy™ has an ecosystem of training courses designed to facilitate career progression within the UAS industry.
- Operate beyond Standard Permissions with the heliguy™ Operating Safety Case consultancy.
- heliguy™ Operations Manual framework judged to meet the highest drone industry standards, endorsed by IQ Verify against the requirements of BS ISO 21384-3: 2019.
- heliguy™ offers an integrated end-to-end solution of services, including consultancy, hardware supply and support, in-house repairs and crash support, rental equipment and a large logistics network for rapid supply.
Ofqual Level 4 GVC Process
Find out more about passing your Ofqual Level 4 GVC exam with heliguy™Explore Drone Training
The Level 4 GVC drone course is a multi-step process, including a theory examination, creation of an Operations Manual and a Practical Flight Assessment. Candidates are also required to complete workbook assessments.
It sets the foundations for your commercial drone journey and enables you to become a qualified and competent remote drone pilot who can operate safely and legally.
Our experienced team of in-house instructors will be on hand to help you throughout the GVC process, and continue to offer support and advice long after you've passed.
#1 GVC Theory Test
The first stage of the GVC: Prepare for the GVC exam through our online training, and then sit the theory test remotely.
The examination covers air law/responsibilities; UAS airspace operating principles; and Airmanship and aviation safety.
The heliguy™ team will support you throughout your online learning.
#2 Written Assessments
The written assessments are an additional requirement associated with the Level 4 GVC.
A series of long-form answers, they require candidates to dig deeper into various parts of the syllabus to demonstrate advanced understanding of the subject matter.
These assessments validate a candidate’s learning beyond the standard multiple choice GVC theory examination.
The written assessments can be completed remotely in the candidate’s own time, and not under exam conditions.
#3 Drone Operations Manual
This important document, submitted to the CAA, explains how you will conduct operations in the Specific Category under UKPDRA-01.
It covers areas such as safety, incident reporting, flight planning, and emergencies, as well as information about your drones and pilots.
heliguy™'s streamlined Operations Manual creation process shaves days off this once time-consuming task and has been judged to meet the highest industry standards against the requirements of BS ISO 21384-3: 2019
#4 GVC Practical Flight Assessment
After passing the GVC theory exam, conduct the Practical Flight Assessment at our North-east-based training venue.
Demonstrate your ability to control your drone, safely and accurately, through a series of manoeuvres.
Our Practical Flight Assessment is tailored to your operational needs, ensuring you have the right skills for the right job.