Ofqual Level 5 Drone Operations Manager Course
Ofqual Level 5 UAS Operations Manager
Ofqual-regulated TQUK UAS Operations Manager Qualification
Leading a drone team requires careful governance, management and due diligence.
The Level 5 Award is designed to drive up standards, raising the bar of what is expected from accountable managers, enabling them to confidently oversee robust, safe and effective drone operations.
This includes managing the deployment of commercial drone pilots on large and complex missions, handling flight logs, and auditing and maintaining on-site equipment.
Topics covered include:
- UAS Operations Manager responsibilities, including hazard and safety management and operational oversight
- Flight safety meetings
- Aircraft maintenance
- Auditing processes
Upon completion of the course, successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as Operational Planning procedures with a written Operating Safety Case (OSC) and can apply for job roles such as UAS Operations Managers.
Ofqual Level 5: A Regulated Qualification
Enhanced personal development in the UAS industry
An approved and independently audited professional qualification: the Level 5 Award is a Regulated Qualification.
The Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) is the national credit transfer scheme of education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Learners are awarded credits when achieving regulated qualifications, which may be transferable to other qualifications. They may also be transferable across the continent.
The Level 5 Award for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations Manager qualification consists of 45 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT), equating to five credits. There is also an optional unit for EVLOS flights, with a credit value of 2.
The course is eligible for Enhanced Learning Credits (80% costs covered by ELC, 20% by the learner).
Benefits of Ofqual Regulated Qualification
Benefits of Regulated Qualifications include:
- Validates that the learning meets the highest standards of training
- May result in progression into employment or career development
- Elevate your profile above the competition making your CV stand out and boosts credibility and increases job and contract prospects
- Demonstrate your passion for personal development
- Show evidence of continual professional development in an establishing industry
- Develop knowledge far superior to standard training courses
- Clarity and benchmarking for employers and organisations
- Heightened safety for organisations
- Be eligible for grants or subsidised training such as Publicly Funded Higher Education (PFHE) or Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC)
- Gain confidence that your qualification is delivered by an organisation whose integrity, resources and competence have been independently and continually validated.
Why Complete Level 5 Training With heliguy™?
Standardised training for continued growth in the UAS industry
heliguy™ is an industry-leading drone training provider, with an experienced in-house team of instructors, including former Armed Forces personnel.
The team has trained more than 3,500 candidates to date, including pilots from major organisations such as Network Rail, Phillips 66, National Grid and Balfour Beatty Vinci.
The qualification was developed in association with TQUK and heliguy™, meaning we are best suited to deliver this course, tailored to meet the needs of UAS Operations Managers.
Designed to provide the skills to lead enterprise drone programmes, the course covers hazard and safety management, operational oversight, and an optional EVLOS module.
heliguy™ has an ecosystem of training courses designed to facilitate career progression within the UAS industry. The Level 5 Award is the continuation of this pathway, helping to standardise training throughout this process.
The Level 5 Award can be supplemented by heliguy™’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course, designed to further enhance skills, knowledge and best practices.
The heliguy™ training team offers lifetime support. This includes an Operational Manual renewal service: A service which can be crucial for UAS Operations Managers to ensure a compliant and legal Ops Manual.
Benefit from heliguy™’s range of services, from product consultancy, supply and support, through to in-house repairs, next-day delivery, drone hire, R&D lab and training ecosystem. This one-stop-shop provides continuity for your drone enterprise.
heliguy™ has an OSC consultancy. This support can be invaluable to UAS Operations Managers who want to expand the scope of their team’s operational capabilities.