- DJI Avata is DJI's new FPV drone, offering an immersive and breathtaking flight experience;
- Ideal for all abilities, the DJI Avata features built-in propeller guards to improve safety and protect the drone from collisions. heliguy™ Repair Refresh crash cover is available for the DJI Avata;
- DJI Avata has a 48MP camera and enables immersive aerial videography at up to 4k/60fps;
- The drone is compatible with the new DJI Goggles 2, as well as the intuitive Motion Controller, which enables pilots to dynamically control the drone by hand movements;
- Safety features include emergency brake and the new Turtle mode, which rights the drone if it lands upside down;
- Use DJI Avata for FPV racing, capturing breathtaking content and conducting indoor inspections.
Feel the buzz of immersive FPV drone flight with the new DJI Avata, featuring built-in propeller guards for enhanced safety.
This compact aircraft - engineered for beginners and professionals alike - weighs only 410g and is designed for high-octane flights, with rapid speed and breathtaking agility.
Capture epic content with the drone's powerful stabilised camera, featuring a 1/1.7“ CMOS sensor with 48MP and delivering premium imaging features like 4K/60fps and up to 2.7K at 120fps video resolution (depending on which goggles you use).
Other key features include up to 18 minutes of flight time and advanced safety features, such as the emergency brake and Turtle mode, which flips the drone back up if it lands upside down.
Fly the DJI Avata with the intuitive DJI Motion Controller or DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, and absorb yourself in the action with either the original DJI FPV Goggles V2 or the all new DJI Goggles 2.
DJI’s unequaled flight technology means DJI Avata can hover like a traditional drone, accelerate like a racer, zoom in and out of tight spaces, and stop in a fraction of a second.
This makes Avata ideal for racing, capturing breathtaking and swooping FPV content or even conducting indoor inspections.
DJI Avata comes in three packages:
- Standalone Version: Drone only, without remote controller, motion controller, or goggles. Ideal for those who already have compatible controllers and goggles.
- DJI Avata Pro-View Combo: Includes DJI Avata, new DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI Motion Controller.
- DJI Avata Fly Smart Combo: Includes DJI Avata, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Motion Controller.
The DJI Avata is available from heliguy™. Add heliguy™ Repair Refresh crash cover to give you peace of mind when flying this FPV aircraft.
DJI Avata: Camera
DJI Avata has an outstanding imaging system that outstrips that on any FPV racer – a 1/1.7-inch 48MP Photo CMOS sensor with f/2.8 aperture, and an ultra-wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of up to 155°.
The wider field of view enables immersive aerial photography and videography at up to 4k/60fps, as well as smooth slow-motion footage.
Equipped with D-Cinelike color mode, DJI Avata allows a broad colour palette that enables detailed chromatic adjustments to your works.
Even during high-pressure aerial manoeuvres, DJI Avata keeps your video sharp and stable with two flagship stabilisation technologies:
- DJI RockSteady: Eliminates overall picture shake.
- DJI HorizonSteady: Keeps the picture oriented toward true level.
All that data flows to 20GB of internal storage space, allowing extra freedom and spontaneity when the opportunity for a creative shot arises, even without a microSD card installed in the onboard drive.
DJI Avata: Goggles
For a truly immersive FPV experience, combine the DJI Avata with either the new DJI Goggles 2 or the DJI FPV Goggles V2 which were released with the DJI FPV Drone.
The DJI Goggles 2 are a next-generation video headset that offer a smaller, lighter, and more comfortable fit, with a crystal-clear FPV image.
DJI Goggles 2 features a clearer Micro-OLED screen with adjustable diopters, so people who normally wear glasses do not need to use them with the goggles.
DJI Avata and DJI Goggles 2 connect using DJI O3+ transmission, the most powerful and reliable technology for precise control, ultra-low latency, and detailed video at 1080p/100fps with H.265 decoding.
It offers the lowest transmission delay of approximately 30 milliseconds, auto-switching dual frequencies, a high bitrate of 50 Mbps, and state-of-the-art anti-interference methods to ensure a reliable feed.
DJI Goggles 2 also offers a Wireless Streaming function to view the live feed from your mobile phone or computer on the goggles screen, bringing you an immersive viewing experience.
For reference, the DJI Goggles 2 offer up to 1080p/100fps live view, while the DJI FPV Goggles V2 offer up to 810p/120fps live view. When it comes to 2.7k and 1080p video resolution, the DJI Goggles 2 offer 2.7k and 1080p at up to 100fps, while the DJI FPV Goggles V2 offer 2.7k and 1080p at up to 120fps. Both goggles offer a video resolution of up to 4k/60fps.
DJI Avata: Controllers
Control with DJI Avata with either the Motion Controller or the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, which were both released with the DJI FPV drone.
The Motion Controller is a quirky device which controls the drone with your hand movements.
The system is so intuitive that even complete beginners can get started quickly and learn to fly in continuous fluid motions, even when swooping close to the ground, whizzing past obstacles, and gliding through tight enclosures into open spaces.
The Motion Controller comes in the DJI Avata Pro-View and Fly Smart combos, while the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 - needed to fly the Avata in Manual Mode - is available separately.
The DJI Avata has the following flight modes:
- Normal (N) Mode: During N mode operation, DJI Avata operates similarly to other DJI drones, hovering in place with the use of satellite navigation and/or visual positioning systems (VPS) on the bottom of the drone.
- Manual (M) Mode (only with the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2): Fly in M mode for complete, limitless control and the full FPV immersive flight experience. Experienced users can customise parameters and enjoy flight and footage unlike anything else.
- Sport (S) Mode: A new hybrid blend of M and N mode, S mode offers some of the dynamic movement capabilities that come with M mode along with some of the key safety features of N mode. S mode is the middle step between the three modes and was developed to give pilots more room to explore their skills as they get accustomed to the drone.
DJI Avata: Safety Features
A key part of DJI Avata's design is its built-in propeller guards, enabling the drone to withstand minor collisions.
This improves safety and allows pilots to fly more confidently.
DJI Avata also features the new Turtle mode, which helps the drone right itself after a flip.
Pilots can also really on a suite of other safety features:
- Dedicated Emergency Brake and Hover: Available in all flying modes, stopping the drone and hovering in place at any time during the flight.
- Failsafe Return to Home: Brings the drone back to its home point automatically with a press of a button, or in the event that transmission is lost or the battery reaches a critically low level.
- DJI GEO 2.0: Geofencing system to advise pilots of airspace restrictions and potential hazards, and to automatically prevent drones from flying near certain high-risk locations, such as airports.
- DJI AirSense: ADS-B receiver system to warn drone pilots of nearby manned aviation, and broadcasts DJI’s AeroScope signal to help authorities monitor airborne drones in sensitive locations.
- Infrared Sensing System and two-camera Downward Vision System: These features help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover more precisely, fly indoors or in other environments where satellite navigation is unavailable, and identify areas such as bodies of water that are not suitable for landing.
- Home Point: To remain oriented during flight while wearing goggles, DJI Avata and DJI Goggles 2 also display the Home Point where the drone took off from. This Augmented Reality (AR) perspective gives an extra sense of orientation to help the pilot locate the immediate environment in seconds.
On top of all of this, DJI Avata is controlled with the DJI Fly app, which includes detailed tutorials on how to operate the drone.
The DJI Virtual Flight App is a free simulator app that familiarises new pilots with drone flying movements in an easy, fun and risk-free environment. The simulator allows pilots to fly DJI Avata in various settings using the dedicated controller.
DJI Avata: Accessories
An array of new DJI Avata accessories are available, including a DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery and DJI Avata Battery Charging Hub.
DJI Avata vs Traditional Drones
DJI Avata is an immersive FPV drone, offering distinct advantages and a different flying experience compared to non-FPV drones. The table below shows how the DJI Avata compares to traditional DJI drones.
|DJI Avata||Traditional Drones|
|Design||Features a built-in propeller guard. Durable and designed for handling impacts and daring manoeuvres.||Designed without a built-in propeller guard. More suited to high altitude flying and steady movement.|
|Filming Styles||Immersive and epic footage, including cinewhoop.
FOV: Up to 155°
|Professional and cinematic footage
FOV: Typically 84°
CMOS: 1-inch to 4/3-inch
Video: 4K to 5.4K
|Stabilisation||RockSteady and HorizonSteady.
Same flagship stabilisation technologies found in DJI Action cameras are now in DJI Avata.
|Flight Experience||Experience every dip and turn in FPV with DJI goggles and feel connected with the Motion Controller.||A camera drone acts as your eye in the sky, capturing details you can't see on the ground.|
DJI Avata: Summary
DJI Avata offers an easy to fly and exciting FPV immersive flight experience drone.
It gives creators a transformational tool to confidently capture incredible aerial content and feel the adrenaline of drone flight.
Leave a comment