DJI has launched the OM 4 - a sophisticated mobile phone gimbal to help creatives capture stunning content on the go.
The OM 4 is a rebranded sequel to DJI’s popular Osmo Mobile range and has a range of key features which sets it apart from its predecessors.
Highlights include a functional quick-snap magnetic phone attachment system, new creative capture modes, and upgraded motors to support heavier weights than previous Osmo Mobile devices.
The OM 4 is a foldable and portable solution, boasting the latest in three-axis stabiliser technology, up to 15 hours of battery life, and can double up as a portable battery charger. It is also compatible with the DJI Mimo app.
Thanks to its intuitive design and range of intelligent features, the OM 4 empowers quality content creation with just a few taps of the finger.
The OM 4 is priced £139/$150 and is available to pre-order from HELIGUY.com™. The package includes a magnetic ring holder, carrying bag, magnetic smartphone clamp, tripod, and wrist strap.
DJI OM 4 Key Features
Here are the key features of the DJI OM 4 at a glance.
- New, high-grade magnetic clamping design makes attaching your phone easier;
- Foldable and portable;
- 15 hours of battery life;
- Compatible with the vast majority of smartphones;
- Upgraded motors support heavier phones;
- Intelligent features such as ActiveTrack 3.0, Gesture Control, and Dynamic Zoom;
- 4x / 8x slow motion;
- Range of panorama modes, including new CloneMe Panorama;
- Compatible with DJI Mimo App for top-quality content creation.
DJI OM 4 Magnetic Quick Mount
The DJI OM 4 phone gimbal features a new and unique high-grade magnetic attachment design.
This makes is simpler and easier to attach and balance your phone to this mobile phone gimbal.
Two new options allow for quick and easy attachment and detachment of your phone.
A sleek, secure and lightweight metal clamp connects to the back of your phone and can remain fixed to it during daily use, while ready to instantly attach to the new Osmo Mobile magnetic mount.
A second option removes the balancing step by sticking a magnetic mount with ring holder onto the back of your phone, allowing snapping onto DJI OM4 even easier.
This allows users to access and control the OM 4's features and functions with one hand.
When not in use, the OM 4 can stay in Standby Mode to be easily reactivated when you need it.
Compatible With DJI Mimo App
The DJI OM 4 and the DJI Mimo app work together to help generate smooth stabilised video content - easily.
Using a Bluetooth connection, users can easily navigate through the DJI Mimo app to control vital settings, adjustments and choose the various preset modes.
Besides the Mimo App, the DJI OM 4 also controls the basic camera functions of your smartphone’s native camera app with the option of
more advanced functions, depending on the type of phone.
DJI OM 4 Intelligent Features
The DJI OM 4 has a wealth of intelligent features to help users create eye-catching content.
These shooting modes include:
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Select a subject for the DJI OM 4 to automatically track and let the gimbal do the work for you. This newly-updated mode features improved distinction between subjects such as adults, children, and pets. Framing during ActiveTrack can now be adjusted by using the dedicated joystick for enhanced control.
- Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 4.
- DynamicZoom: The DJI OM 4 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create a visually appealing cinematic look; think Alfred Hitchcock's background shift.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using TimeLapse. Motionlapse adds set movement points for the gimbal. Use HyperLapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology as well as the axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness.
- Slow-motion: Capture stunning-looking content in 4x or 8x slow motion.
- Sport Mode: The DJI OM 4 will respond and follow subjects and movements faster to add a level of action to the scene.
- Panoramas: Capture a wider perspective with panoramas. Three options are available: 3X3, 240°, and a new CloneMe panorama, which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the preset templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 4 uses preset movements, music and colour palates for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
What DJI Says
Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI, said: "As the DJI OM smartphone stabilisers have evolved over the years, every iteration has made it easier for anyone to add rock-solid stabilisation to their photos and videos.
"With its new magnetic attachment and folding design, the DJI OM 4 again goes farther so anyone, no matter their experience with gimbals, can pick it up and make content that pulls in the viewer.
"As people around the globe now rely on their smartphones to navigate the new work-from-home world, stay connected with loved ones and showcase their lives, the DJI OM 4 is our phone’s companion we need to make it fun, smooth and magnetic."