DJI OM 4 phone gimbal
Capture quality content - quickly and easily.
A New Generation Of Osmo Mobile Stabilisers
The DJI OM 4 is an intelligent mobile gimbal to empower creatives to capture smooth, quality content.
Foldable and easily transportable, this phone gimbal is the perfect companion for taking photos and videos on the go.
The OM 4 is a rebranded sequel to DJI’s popular Osmo Mobile range and has a number of key features which set it apart from its predecessors.
Among the stand-out features of the OM 4 is the new, functional quick-snap magnetic phone attachment system.
The OM 4 also has new creative capture modes, and upgraded motors to support heavier phones than previous Osmo Mobile devices.
Content creatives can benefit from the OM 4's three-axis stabiliser technology, and maximise productivity with up to 15 hours of battery life. This phone gimbal can also double up as a portable battery charger.
Compatible with the DJI Mimo app, and thanks to its range of smart features and intuitive design, the OM 4 provides a smart and easy way to capture impressive content.
The OM 4 comes with a range of accessories. These are a carry bag; magnetic ring holder, magnetic smartphone clamp, wrist strap, and tripod.
key features of dji om 4
A reliable and robust mobile gimbal.
15 Hours Of Battery Life And Plenty Of Intelligent Modes
The DJI OM 4 has a range of key features to make it a truly exceptional mobile phone gimbal. The highlights include:
- New, high-grade magnetic clamping design makes attaching your phone easier.
- Foldable and portable.
- 15 hours of battery life.
- Compatible with the vast majority of smartphones.
- Upgraded motors support heavier phones.
- Intelligent features such as ActiveTrack 3.0, Gesture Control, and Dynamic Zoom.
- 4x / 8x slow motion.
- Range of panorama modes, including new CloneMe Panorama.
- Compatible with DJI Mimo App, for top-quality content creation.
New magnetic attachment
Two Options For A Quick Fix
The DJI OM 4 features a new and unique high-grade magnetic attachment design, making it easier to attach and balance your phone to this mobile gimbal.
Two options are available to enable superquick attachment and detachment.
The first is the secure, lightweight and sleek magnetic quick mount. This attaches to the back of your phone and can remain on during daily use. Users can quickly snap the phone to the gimbal using the magnetic clamp.
transform your smartphone content
Capture sharp, smooth pictures and video with you mobile.
Pair OM 4 With DJI Mimo App
The DJI Osmo Mobile 4 (OM 4) can be paired with the DJI Mimo App to transform your content – quickly and easily.
Through Bluetooth connection, use the DJI Mimo App to control settings, adjustments and choose preset modes.
Besides the Mimo App, the DJI OM 4 controls the basic camera functions of your smartphone’s native camera app with the option of more advanced functions, depending on the type of phone.
Intelligent Shooting Modes
A range of intelligent shooting modes enhance content creation.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Choose a subject and the gimbal will do the work for you. The newly-improved ActiveTrack 3.0 features better distinction between subjects like adults, children, and pets. Framing can now also be adjusted by using the joystick for enhanced control.
- Gesture Control: Control the DJI OM 4 by using hand gestures to easily start and stop video recording or take photos. This is perfect for capturing a group selfie.
- Dynamic Zoom: The DJI OM 4 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create a visually appealing cinematic look; think Alfred Hitchcock’s background shift.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using TimeLapse; Motionlapse adds set movement points for the gimbal; use HyperLapse to physically move with the gimbal. These modes will give you super smooth visuals, thanks to Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology.
- Slow-motion: Want to slow down a scene to capture stunning detail? Then use the DJI OM 4's 4x or 8x slow motion mode.
- Sport Mode: The DJI OM 4 will respond and follow subjects and movements faster.
- Panoramas: Select from 3X3, 240°, or the new CloneMe panorama, which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a quirky visual effect.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: The gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: A collection of preset templates - including movements, music, and colour palates - will give your content a creative spin. These quick videos are ideal for sharing on social media.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about the DJI OM 4.
The DJI OM 4 comes with the gimbal, Magnetic Ring Holder, Magnetic Phone Clamp, Grip Tripod, charging cable, storage pouch, wrist strap, and manuals.
No. If you are looking for a waterproof DJI product, check out the extremely durable DJI Osmo Action.
It is not recommended to attach the ring holder to a phone case. Phone cases, however, can be used with the magnetic phone clamp.
No. The new DJI OM 4 has improved motors, which means you don’t need to balance the gimbal before using it. When you use the magnetic clamp, please place it in the middle of your phone. If you do encounter any balancing issues, please perform the Gimbal Auto Calibration and the Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment in the DJI Mimo app.
DJI OM 4 has a magnetic quick-release design, stronger motors that support heavier phones, and a lighter weight.
No. The sticker on the back of the ring holder is disposable and can only be used once. The Magnetic Phone Clamp can be mounted onto your phone again.
No, DJI OM 4 will not affect your phone. Do not place DJI OM 4 near other magnetic objects, such as bank cards, pacemakers, and hard drives.
Attach the magnetic phone clamp or magnetic ring holder to the gimbal. Avoid pinching your fingers and ensure the phone is mounted correctly.
The magnetic ring holder must be used with an adhesive. The sticker on the back of the ring holder is disposable and can only be used once. For detailed mounting instructions, refer to the DJI OM 4 Magnetic Ring Holder User Guide.
ActiveTrack, DynamicZoom, Gesture Control, SpinShot Mode, CloneMe Pano, Timelapse, 240° Pano, and 3×3 Pano.
Yes. DJI OM 4 supports the above intelligent modes in portrait mode.
While the DJI OM 4’s front and rear cameras perform similarly in terms of tracking, only the rear camera can track a person’s profile and continue tracking them, even if the subject faces away from the gimbal.
Yes, however, the precision of ActiveTrack may vary between different phone models.
The battery life is up to 15 hours (tested under ideal conditions). A full charge requires 2.5 hours at 5 V/2 A.
No. DJI OM 4 comes with a built-in battery that can’t be exchanged.
You can charge DJI OM 4 using the Type-C USB charging port on the right side of the gimbal handle. The recommended charging current is 2 A.
Yes. DJI OM 4 can charge a phone using the USB port on the right side of the gimbal handle. The maximum current is 1.4 A.
Yes. Connect your device to DJI OM 4; the battery lights will blink when the device is charging.
The LEDs on the gimbal handle will light up.
Yes. The mounting hole at the bottom of DJI OM 4 is the standard 1/4″- 20 UNC port, which is compatible with many different tripods.
Yes. However, larger lenses are not recommended as they affect the weight and stabilization of the gimbal. Please ensure the total weight of the phone and the lens are less than 290 grams.
Weight: 390 g (gimbal)
Dimensions: 276×119.6×103.6 mm (unfolded), 163×99.5×46.5 mm (folded)
Battery Life: 15 hours (Under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced)
What's in the Box
DJI OM4 Mobile Gimbal
Magnetic Ring Holder
Magnetic Smartphone Clamp