The DJI Mavic Air 2 has a new firmware update, providing enhanced safety features and camera settings.
The update includes better obstacle avoidance, added zoom modes, and optimised hyperlapse.
What Is The Latest Firmware For The Mavic Air 2?
The latest firmware update (released August 10, 2020) for the DJI Mavic Air 2 is v01.00.0340. Make sure the DJI Fly App is also updated to v1.1.6.
The new features of the update are:
- Added Safety Flight Mode. The aircraft avoids obstacles automatically and will not respond to commands to fly left or right.
- 4K Zoom Mode, which supports 2x digital zoom when set to 4K 30/25/24 fps.
- 2x digital zoom when set to 2.7K 60/50/48/30/25/24 and 4x digital zoom when set to 1080P 60/50/48/30/25/24 in video mode.
- 4K resolution in Hyperlapse.
- Optimised FPV mode for gimbal.
- Optimised shooting performance when flying forward in Sport mode. Adjust the flight attitude to avoid propellers unexpectedly showing up in the camera view.
- Optimised Hyperlapse. Added ability to pause shooting during Hyperlapse, increased number of waypoints to 45, and added support for Task Library.
- Optimised ActiveTrack when tracking vehicles at low altitude.
The update is available now. Read our DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update tutorial to help you complete the process.
New Firmware Update For The DJI Fly App
As mentioned above, the latest DJI Fly app firmware needs to be used as part of the Mavic Air 2 update.
Features for this new version (v1.1.6) - released recently - enable the following:
- Updates the display logic for battery and flight time alerts.
- Adds Advanced Gimbal Settings (for Mavic Air 2).
- Fixes app crashing issues and improves overall stability.