Osmo Mobile 3 Announced – DJI’s First Foldable Gimbal
DJI has unveiled the Osmo Mobile 3 – the company’s first foldable gimbal which is an easily transportable and lightweight mobile phone stabiliser boasting 15 hours of battery life and a range of smart shooting modes.
This new product, which is available to pre-order now from Heliguy, is the latest edition to the popular Osmo Series and builds on the huge success of the Osmo Mobile 2.
The most travel-friendly Osmo Mobile to date, Osmo Mobile 3 is the ideal companion for all of life’s adventures.
Users can capture ultra-steady video footage and unique content using intelligent features programmed into the latest version of the DJI Mimo app.
An intuitive design meets functionality with Osmo Mobile 3, featuring simplified operation and adjustments.
The Osmo Mobile 3 is available in a standard version, which includes Osmo Mobile 3, a wrist strap, storage pouch and anti-slip pads, and is priced £99, or the Osmo Mobile 3 Combo, which includes all of the components of the standard version, as well as the Osmo Grip Tripod and Osmo Carrying Case, which is priced £119. Pre-order yours now from Heliguy, with stock expected in the first week of September.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 – New Design And 15 Hours Of Battery Life
Always be prepared to capture high-quality photos and videos with Osmo Mobile 3 thanks to its folding design, which makes it highly portable.
Easily grab and pack the new Osmo Mobile 3 away without the worry of taking up space.
This ultra-compact mobile phone stabiliser reimagines the Osmo Mobile concept with a completely new design as well as locking mechanisms to ensure effortless transportation when on the go.
With the ability to quickly unfold and mount a mobile phone, plus 15 hours of battery, users are sure to never miss life’s most memorable moments. And thanks to its comfortable grip, the Osmo Mobile 3 can be held for long periods of time.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 – Control With Ease
Osmo Mobile 3 is not only foldable; the new design makes operation extremely efficient, featuring vital controls manageable with just one hand.
Thanks to convenient buttons on the handle, users can control the gimbal’s movement and access useful features with ease.
Quick Roll rotates the orientation from portrait to landscape by pressing the Mode (M) button twice without the need to remove the mobile device.
The redesigned form no longer obstructs the charging and audio ports, allowing for easy connection to charge the device or use external mics.
A trigger helps manoeuvre the gimbal by locking orientation, rotating the gimbal for selfies, and even re-centering when tracking a subject.
By using ActiveTrack, users can tap the trigger once, and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin tracking while keeping the subject centered within the frame.
Zoom in and out with the dedicated zoom slider on the side of the stabiliser without needing to touch the screen of the mobile device, making content capturing less complicated. Additionally, users have the option to customise zoom speed based on personal preference.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 – Smart Features To Take Your Creativity Further
Osmo Mobile 3 uses the advanced DJI Mimo app and offers fun and creative preprogrammed modes.
Connect to the device with Bluetooth 5.0 and take advantage of these features:
- Story Mode: Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions, and filters. Choose one of 13 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After shooting, Mimo automatically generates your very own professionally edited short video, ready to be shared.
- Gesture Control: Easily snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
- Sport Mode: Similar to the useful feature from the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognise and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with a tap.
- TimeLapse & MotionLapse: If you’re looking to turn minutes into seconds, TimeLapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while MotionLapse adds the dynamic element of movement to your TimeLapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
- HyperLapse: Take the appealing visuals from TimeLapse and add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3 with you. Additionally, HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panorama: Get a wider perspective with panorama mode. Users can choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
- Slow Motion: Slow down the world around you with 4X or 8X Slow Motion.
James is Heliguy’s Blogger and Drone Content Executive. James keeps our readers up to date with drone news within the ever-changing industry.