- Firmware update makes DJI RC Pro controller compatible with the DJI Air 2S drone;
- The controller features expanded storage capacity and O3+ video transmission technology, while its control sticks enable more precise in-flight manoeuvres;
- Firmware update also adds some improvements to the controller and fixes some minor bugs.
The next-generation smart controller, released as part of the Mavic 3 launch in November, is engineered for quality aerial content creation.
It features a latest-generation processor, expanded storage capacity, the powerful O3+ video transmission technology, and adopts the same control stick design of the DJI FPV for more precise manoeuvres.
The controller was originally compatible with just the Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 (find out the differences in our Mavic 3 Cine vs Mavic 3 comparison blog), but the new firmware update (v03.01.0500) means it can now be used with the Air 2S.
The firmware upgrade also adds some improvements to the RC Pro controller itself, such as added support to output clean HDMI footage.
DJI RC Pro Firmware Update Overview
Below is an overview of the recent firmware update for the DJI RC Pro. Ensure that you update the RC Pro, as well as the DJI Fly app, to the latest versions (as listed below).
If the update fails, restart DJI RC Pro, and use DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to retry.
Release Date: January 24, 2022
Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0500
DJI Fly App: v1.5.8
- Added support to output clean HDMI footage.
- Added support to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
- Added support to use with DJI Air 2S.
- Fixed some minor bugs.