- DJI Matrice 30 drone is a powerful new enterprise solution - with multi-camera capabilities - that fits in a backpack;
- New DJI Dock offers drone in a box solution: Storing, launching, receiving and recharging drones automatically. It can be used with the M30 (dock version);
- Use the new cloud-based DJI FlightHub 2 for remote planning, flying and data management for drone fleets;
- New H20N camera - with night-vision capabilities - launched for the DJI M300 RTK drone.
The launch also includes the new FlightHub 2: A cloud-based solution for remote flight planning and data management of drone fleets.
This all-in-one solution for professional drone operators is a groundbreaking moment - putting a powerful flying platform in the service of a fully remote fleet management system and an autonomous docking and recharging station.
This integrated solution unlocks powerful new functionality for enterprise drone users, such as public safety agencies, infrastructure inspectors and energy operators, for a next-generation of drone operations.
The M30 can be deployed as a normal drone, or via the docking station (M30/M30T dock version).
DJI has also released the H20N for the M300 RTK. This multi-sensor solution features a night-vision camera, as well as thermal, zoom and laser rangefinder capabilities.
DJI Matrice 30
The new DJI Matrice 30 combines power, endurance and quick deployment.
It integrates smoothly with the new DJI FlightHub 2 fleet management cloud-based software and the DJI Dock (dock version) for collaboration with remote and unattended operations, bringing efficiency innovation to various industries. It can also fit in a backpack.
The M30 integrates multiple high-performance sensors into one single camera payload, is controlled with an ingenious redesigned remote control and runs on upgraded Pilot 2 software, which significantly improves the flight experience.
The M30 series comes in two versions, the M30 and the M30T.
The M30 model integrates a 48 megapixel 1/2" CMOS sensor zoom camera with 5x~16x optical and 200x digital zoom, a 12 megapixel wide-angle camera, 8k photo 4K/30 fps video resolution, and a laser rangefinder which can give the precise coordinates of objects up to 1,200 meters away.
The M30T features an additional 640 x 512 px radiometric thermal camera. It also has a 1280 × 1024 Infrared Image Super-resolution Mode.
The M30 Series also has full PSDK integration and supports a growing library of third-party payloads, including spotlights, loudspeakers, edge computing, parachutes, gas detectors, and more. They attach to the drone via the top payload port.
The M30 has an IP55 ingress protection, giving it outstanding performance in harsh environments, including rain, and can operate in extreme temperatures from -20°C to 50°C.
M30: Safety Features
The DJI M30 also offers an improved first-person view pilot camera for low-light conditions, built-in redundancies and backup systems, three-propeller emergency landing, a Health Management System, and six-way obstacle avoidance sensors enabling the pilot to focus on the mission.
Its four-antenna OcuSync 3 Enterprise transmission ensures a strong redundancy, and it supports LTE link backup, in the face of complex terrain and working conditions.
Unlike other commercial drones, the DJI M30 adopts a foldable integrated lightweight design (3.7 kg take-off weight) that is easy to unfold, store and carry anywhere.
Its new self-heating TB30 battery design can support at least 400 charge cycles and allows a 41-minute flight time. Its smart BS30 charging case allows quick battery charging from 20% to 90% in 30 minutes.
The M30 also has a new self-locking system and can be folded by just pressing a button. This makes it the fastest, easiest high-performance DJI Enterprise drone to set up.
M30: Data Protection
The M30 offers best-in-class data security protocols built on DJI’s security-first Matrice 300 V3 firmware.
- Offline updates: Enable future firmware updates to be completed entirely offline. Firmware packages can be downloaded from the DJI official website and saved to an external storage device such a microSD card, before being uploaded into the M30 and updated with DJI Pilot.
- Local Data Mode: Acts like Airplane Mode on a phone by completely disconnecting the DJI M30 from the internet, ensuring all data stays only in the drone.
- SD card AES encryption: Protects all the photos, videos, and flight logs that get stored on the microSD card by a security code and AES encryption.
M30: Remote Controller - DJI RC Plus
The RC Plus is the new enterprise remote controller.
- 7-inch-wide high-definition, bright screen;
- IP54 certified, meaning it can be used in heavy rain;
- The DJI RC Plus has six physical buttons below the control sticks next to the screen. This makes it easier to switch between key controls - such as wide angle, zoom, infrared, and FPV views - without having to take hands away from the control sticks;
- 6 hours of screen-on time. It has an internal battery and a swappable external;
- battery, preventing the interruption of a mission;
- Ports for microSD card, USB, HDMI, USB type C and 4G connectivity (where offered) for transmission redundancy.
DJI Dock: Autonomous Docking For Programmed Flights in Remote Areas
The DJI Dock is an autonomous takeoff, landing and charging station allowing fully automatic, programmed flights with the DJI M30 Series (M30/M30T Dock Version).
It widens the horizon for automated missions that can be monitored and supervised remotely.
After setup, the fully charged M30 drone can take off to the skies from the DJI Dock through FlightHub 2 programmed automatic missions anywhere within a 7 km radius.
Once the drone lands after its mission, it will recharge automatically, and can take off again only 25 minutes after it has landed.
The dock has excellent environmental adaptability. Its modular durable design allows continuous operations day and night, no matter what the weather is.
The dock is rated at IP55 and the core internal components are IP67, making it waterproof and dustproof even when it is open.
Built to last, the DJI Dock will require minimal care and maintenance.
The DJI Dock’s interior is climate controlled, to help bring the batteries to the optimal temperature for charging M30 safely even with external temperatures ranging from -35 to 50 degrees Celsius.
Its connectivity can be expanded, thanks to a port for an external 4G dongle. In case of power outage, an internal battery will take over and keep the Dock operational, to make sure the M30 lands safely from its mission.
Easy To Deploy
The DJI Dock only weighs 90 kg and covers an area of less than 1 square metre, and can be transported by elevator; it only needs to be fixed on the ground, turned on, connected to the power supply, and connected to the internet.
heliguy™ has also announced a partnership with Venari, the UK's leading emergency services vehicle manufacturer, to offer a complete vehicle-mounted drone in a box solution. More details to follow.
The DJI Dock integrates built-in antennas, a weather station, ultra-wide-angle surveillance cameras and a D-RTK base station.
The installation is in one step, and the integrated design greatly reduces the difficulty of deployment.
The DJI Dock is also extremely easy and practical to set up and configure. It can be done directly on site with the DJI RC Plus offering complete control over the Dock and the M30, the missions and its scheduling, as well as the data collected.
Opening New Possibilities
The DJI Dock opens new possibilities for many fields that can benefit from automated flights, such as infrastructure inspection, site monitoring and engineering supervision.
In areas where drones are allowed to fly autonomously, unattended or beyond the operator’s visual line of sight, the DJI Dock is ready to enable those operations, with remote supervision from another location through FlightHub 2.
Please note that the DJI Dock must be used in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and its advanced functions cannot yet be used in jurisdictions where a human pilot must stay within the drone’s line of sight or maintain physical control of the drone by holding a controller.
Click to find out more about the drone in a box concept and what it means for commercial drone operations.
DJI FlightHub 2
DJI FlightHub 2 is DJI Enterprise’s fleet management software.
It benefits from major improvements from its first version synchronising and coordinating between ground teams at work, drones, payloads, pilots and all the data they gather.
The DJI FlightHub 2 is now entirely cloud based. It enables flight mission management and operational viewing not only from the pilot’s RC, but from any device with a web browser, such as computers, tablets, and even mobile devices.
Now, everyone involved in a drone operation, from ground teams to nearby supervisors to managers in their offices, can log into the same mission and see the data gathered by the drones and the pilots.
The DJI FlightHub 2 supports mapping features enabling users to respond quickly to developing situations.
- One-Tap Panorama Sync: Creates a 360° overview and uploads to the cloud with a single tap. Shared panoramas, and the coordinates they were captured from, are placed on your mission's 2.5D Base Map, granting all team members quick aerial awareness.
- Cloud Mapping: Lets users highlight an area of interest, enabling the DJI M30 to automatically map the area in 2D, offering great perspectives during emergency response planning situations. DJI FlightHub 2 will turn these images into a map, which will overlay on the user’s map service provider. Once a map is captured, it can become the base to build a mission plan around.
The DJI FlightHub 2 supports Live Annotations, which are points, lines, or polygons that users can draw on the map.
Thanks to the laser rangefinder of the DJI M30, in a search and rescue mission, a pilot can pinpoint the coordinates of a missing person.
These coordinates will automatically sync through the DJI FlightHub 2 mission interface allowing the command centre and the team on the ground to have live updates of coordinates and to simultaneously generate rescue routes.
All these maps, models and inspection data can be uploaded to the cloud, supported by AWS, and accessed and managed remotely.
DJI FlightHub 2 becomes must-have software to streamline communication between the command room and the team on ground, and manage real-time missions.
M30 And Drone In A Box: Availability
The DJI M30 comes with the RC Plus remote controller, a set of batteries and a charging box. It will be available through heliguy™.
FlightHub 2 will have a free testing period for all users from today through October 31, 2022.
DJI Dock is currently being tested and will be available for purchase starting from Q4 2022.