DJI often release firmware updates for their products to fix bugs, improve functions and add features.
The Mavic Pro is no different.
The process to upgrade the firmware on your Mavic is made really easy thanks to the DJI Go App.
Before upgrading your Mavic’s firmware
- Download the very latest DJI Go App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Make sure your mobile device has a fully charged battery.
- Ensure that your phone or tablet is connected to the Internet.
- Ensure that your phone or tablet is connected to the aircraft and the remote controller.
- Finally, make sure that you have a fully charged Mavic aircraft and remote control.
Update Mavic Firmware with DJI GO app
To update the firmware on your Mavic Pro Aircraft please follow these steps:
- Launch the DJI Go app from your phone or tablet.
- Click the ‘Upgrade Now’ button at the top right of the screen, highlighted in red.
- Click the blue ‘Download Now’ button to download the latest firmware directly from DJI.
- After the firmware file has finished downloading, click the blue ‘Start Update’ button that appears on the screen.
- Once the upgrade process has finished, you’ll be shown a prompt telling you so. Click the blue ‘Complete’ button at the bottom of the screen to finish the process.
Then, to update the Mavic Pro controller, unplug the aircraft from your mobile device and plug your mobile device into the controller. Then repeat steps 1 – 5 above.
Finally, please insert any other Mavic batteries you intend to use with your Mavic Pro and repeat the process for each battery.
This is to ensure that the firmware is consistent across all batteries, aircraft and controllers to prevent any operation issues.
Please don’t forget to visit our help page for more guides on common Mavic Pro issues.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Exclusive DJI News, Reviews and Advice