Racing Edition DJI Goggles
The DJI Goggles have been upgraded!
The new DJI Goggles Racing Edition (RE) look so sleek with their new black and red finish. However, they also add a bundle of extra functionality. The new OcuSync video transmission system makes your FPV flight experience even better.
The OcuSync Camera will give you low latency, HD digital video transmission.
Take Control with DJI Goggles Racing Edition
The Racing Edition Goggles have a number of key control features, giving the pilot total control over his aircraft while still be able to experience FPV:
- Flight Control - The Racing Edition DJI Goggles use bottom-up processing. This prevents the need for a signal reception module. Connect a third party controller to the Goggles and you'll be able to directly control drones fitted with F3, F4, KISS, Naze or other supported flight controllers.
- Gimbal Control - Use head tracking technology to control the camera gimbal just be moving your head!
- On-Screen Display - The HUD on the Racing Edition will help you see all the critical flight information at all times. The data shown includes battery life, signal quality and transmission resolution.
- Choose Digital or Analog - You can choose between digital or analogue transmission thanks to the Goggles Racing Edition's SMA port.
Which DJI Drones are the DJI Goggles Racing Edition compatible with?
The new Goggles RE are suitable for use with a wide range of DJI drones.
New Video Modes for the Racing Edition Goggles
The Racing Edition DJI Goggles improve on the original Goggles with a number of extra video modes.
The RE Goggles can play videos in a number of formats:
In addition - you'll also find added support for 6K 360-degree panoramas for a fully immersive experience.
Available Antenna for the Goggles RE
The Goggles RE have several antennas available for different types of flight.
Pagoda – A circularly polarised antenna which works best in 5.8 GHz. Transmission can be switched from digital to analogue.
Cylindrical – Also a circularly polarised antenna, however, operate in both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. Ideal for long-range transmission.
Dipole – A linearly polarised antenna, with access to 2.4 5.8 GHz. Lightweight in design with an optimised performance over a short range.
What's in the box?
DJI Goggles Racing Edition x 1
Charger x 1
Wire Clip x 1
Pagoda Antenna (SMA) x 2
Reversed SMA Connector x 1
Micro USB Cable x 1
HDMI Cable x 1
Cleaning Cloth x 1
DJI Racing Edition Goggles FAQs
Why are the Racing Edition Goggles better than the standard DJI Goggles?
There's been a design upgrade, with the new black and red paint job as well as added padding and visor for more comfort and a better fit. There has been an addition of Sphere photo viewing and local video playback. The support for the new DJI OcuSync Air Unit means you can receive an analogue video signal as well. They're also compatible with third-party products when used with the OcuSync camera.
Do the DJI Goggles Racing Edition have a HDMI in?
Yes, like the original Goggles, there's a HDMI in port on the Goggles. When watching films, TV and games with the Goggles, it's the equivalent screen size of 216-inch screen from 10 feet away.
What is the SMA port for?
The SMA port on the DJI Goggles RE allows you to use external antennas if, for any reason, the four available OcuSync Antennas are not suitable.
How do I view Sphere Pano photos on my Goggles?
- Download any Sphere Pano photos you want to view onto an SD card or ensure that you have some Sphere Pano photos on the aircraft being used with the Goggles.
- Use the Local Storage interface to view these Sphere Pano photos.
Can I take still photographs with the OcuSync camera while flying FPV?
Unfortunately not no, but you can hold down two fingers on the Goggles touchpad to take a screenshot in flight.
What third-party controllers are compatible?
Flight controllers: KISS, F3, F4, and Naze.
Remote controllers: X9D (FrSky), DEVO 10 (Walkera), T8FG (Futaba), T14SG (Futaba), WTF09sll (WFLY), and AT9S (RadioLink).
DJI Goggles Racing Edition Specifications
Here's a full run down of all the technical specifications of the new Racing Edition DJI Goggles.
Racing Edition Specs
|Body: 195 x 155 x 110mm
Headband (folded): 255 x 205 x 92mm
|2 x 5" Screens|
|Total: 3840 x 1080
Single Screen: 1920 x 1080
25.5 dBm (FCC); 18.5 dBm (CE); 19 dBm (SRRC)
25.5 dBm (FCC); 12.5 dBm (CE); 18.5 dBm (SRRC)
Live View Resolution
|1080p @ 30fps
720p @ 60fps
720p @ 30fps
Supported Video Playback Formats
|MP4, MOV, MKV
Video format: H264
Audio format: AAC-LC, AAC-HE, AC-3, DTS, MP3
Goggles Racing Edition Battery Capacity
Operating Temperature Range
|0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)|
Goggles Charger Input
|100-240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz, 0.5 A|
|5 V 3 A / 9V 2A / 12 V 1.5 A|