A new firmware update has been issued for the DJI Smart Controller, making it compatible with a greater range of drones and adding extra features to help take your aerial adventures even further.
Thanks to the firmware (v01.00.0530) release, the Smart Controller can now be used to control the Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual - which is ideal for enterprise pilots, such as the police and search and rescue teams.
As was the case when the controller was released in January, the device is still compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, as well as other aircraft equipped with OcuSync 2.0 (To ensure compatibility, always make sure your aircraft is updated with the latest firmware).
The Smart Controller boasts an ultra-bright screen, intuitive controls and a series of features to share visual content quickly and easily. For more details, including FAQs, click here. It is priced £579 and is available to buy from Heliguy.
This blog takes a look at what new features the firmware update provides.
Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530
DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16
DJI Pilot App: v1.3.0
DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8
- Added Aircraft Management under settings. Once connected to the Smart Controller, an aircraft can be added and managed in Aircraft Management. Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Enterprise, and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual are supported.
- Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
- Added a warning prompt if the compass of the remote controller requires calibration. Users can also now check the status of the compass under settings.
- Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location.
- Added Camera Lock. Once enabled, if users press the focus/shutter or record button when DJI GO 4 is not running or is running in the background, no photo will be taken or video will be recorded.
- Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
- Optimised DJI GO Share. Any photo or video stored in the GO Share folder of the microSD card root directory can be shared to a mobile device using DJI GO Share.
- Updated DJI GO 4 to v4.3.16.
This firmware version contains important updates, and the Smart Controller can only be updated to this firmware version via DJI Assistant 2.
Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in the System Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
Contact heliguy™ if the update fails several times.