In-House DJI Repair Centre
Fast-track drone repairs, servicing, crash cover and warranty.
Drone specialist heliguy™ offers an in-house DJI-approved UK drone repair centre.
Our DJI-trained technicians have conducted more than 5,000 drone repairs, catering for hobbyists, commercial drone users, and large enterprise clients.
Benefit from a fast-track repair service, phone support, fault diagnosis, up to 24 months warranty including free warranty repairs and replacements, and drone servicing.
heliguy™ also offers Repair Refresh drone crash cover, providing a free repair or replacement over a 12-month period.
Total number of repairs conducted by our expert DJI trained technicians
Fast-track repair service available to minimise operational downtime
In-house DJI-trained technicians with 20+ years of experience
24-month manufacturer warranty, 12-months on batteries, 6-month post-repair
Repairs & Crash Support
UK-based repair infrastructure.
The heliguy™ repair centre provides a wide-ranging crash support infrastructure based in the UK, streamlining communication, delivery and repair time.
- Quick turnaround on repairs (typically five working days). A 72-hour fast-track service is available for an extra £75;
- Crash support and repairs management;
- Instant replacement of dead on arrival products;
- Over-the-phone fault diagnosis with one of our in-house technicians
- Free returns/replacements of faulty items;
- Warranty repairs/replacements at no extra cost
- Firmware upgrade and set-up support;
- Data analysis, premium customer support, and resolution with the manufacturer;
- Access to the DJI Repair Centre in Europe for damaged payloads, handling this process for you.
Drone Repair Feed
This live feed shows the types of repairs our technicians are undertaking.
It highlights the issues that drone pilots can encounter and our range of support - demonstrating how important it is to pick us as your drone repair partner.
Drone Repair Calculator
How much will it cost to repair my drone?
Our drone repair calculator provides an indicative price of the cost of repairs of some of the most popular DJI drones.
DJI Mini 3 Pro
Gimbal and Camera Module
£15 (each way)
*If covered by warranty or heliguy™ repair refresh - repair, labour, postage and assessment are free.
**Post-repair warranty: 6-month warranty applied to parts repaired by heliguy™
In-depth checks and Certificate of Service issued
Our technicians will perform an in-depth service to ensure your equipment is in perfect condition for safe and effective operation.
If any faults are found, we will contact you and upon approval of the suggested work, we’ll book your equipment in for repair.
Following this, we will perform a flight test to ensure the drone works under operational conditions. A Certificate of Service will then be issued.
DJI Mini Range
DJI Mavic 2 Range
DJI Air Range
DJI Phantom Range
DJI Spark Range
DJI Mavic 3 Range
DJI M30 Range
DJI Inspire Range
DJI Matrice 200/210
DJI M300 RTK
DJI Matrice 600 Range
DJI Matrice 210 RTK
What's covered under warranty?
heliguy™ honours the manufacturers warranty on all DJI drone purchases.
Many of our repair customers are covered under warranty, at no additional cost.
Warranty is subject to inspection by the heliguy™ tech team.
A pre-paid postage label will be provided but if the repair is not covered by warranty, you will be charged £15 postage each way.
What is covered by warranty?
- Drone loses functionality after software update.
- Drone started to develop cracks around screws.
- On-screen error, covered by warranty subject to diagnosis call.
- Drone not following RC commands and crashed, covered subject to data analysis.
What is NOT covered by warranty?
- Drone was in a no-fly zone.
- All obstacle avoidance features were deactivated.
- Drone flown when battery was low and warnings to land.
Drone Crash Cover & Insurance
Peace of mind during your next flight
Having drone crash cover in place is an important consideration and can save you thousands.
After all, accidents can happen!
There are several options to give you peace of mind during your next flight.
heliguy™ Repair Refresh
heliguy™ Repair Refresh is a no-hassle drone crash cover policy.
Available across the DJI product range - including gimbals and cameras - the cover is valid for a year and ensures your equipment is repaired or replaced with no hidden fees. Repair Refresh requires a one-off fee, which includes the cost of the cover and the replacement/repair. Because of this, heliguy™ Repair Refresh tends to be more cost effective than DJI Care Refresh.
Benefits of Repair Refresh include free UK return and delivery; the policy covering pilot error and water damage; and no excess on claims.
Repair Refresh also covers the drone and the controller, whereas DJI Care Refresh only covers the drone.
DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is a protection plan that provides DJI products with coverage for a range of accidental damages and natural wear.
It offers up to two years of coverage and numerous repairs/replacements, depending on the plan you choose.
DJI Care Refresh requires a fee to pay for the cover, and then subsequent fees for each repair/replacement.
You will receive a prompt to purchase DJI Care Refresh upon activation of your drone.
DJI Care Refresh is different to heliguy™ Repair Refresh.
The separate DJI Care Enterprise package covers DJI enterprise equipment. Heliguy™ does offer this crash cover on DJI Enterprise products.
Drone insurance is well worth having, giving you peace of mind that you are protected should something go wrong.
Drone insurance covers you for damage to your drone, or against claims made by someone whose property your drone may accidentally damage.
heliguy™ have partnered with Coverdrone to offer the most comprehensive, specialist drone insurance in the UK.
All coverdrone policies are compliant with the EU regulation EC785/2004 and provide Public Liability insurance along with drone and equipment cover.
Drone Insurance as a Hobbyist
If you are flying a drone for fun or as a hobbyist, you don’t technically need drone insurance. However, it still might be worth taking out a policy, just in case something does happen. A number of options are available, but a pay as you fly policy may well be prudent.
Drone Insurance as a Commercial Pilot
If you are operating your drone for commercial purposes, then by law you are required to have Public Liability insurance that is compliant with EC 785/2004.
Meet the Team
Meet the expert heliguy™ survey assist team who will guide you through your operations.
- heliguy™ technician for eight years: An original member of the technical department, Jack has deep-rooted experience of the DJI ecosystem and its product evolution, including the Mavic, Phantom and Matrice Series;
- Attended in-person training at DJI’s European repair centre in The Netherlands to hone his skills on DJI drone-specific repairs.
- Developed custom solutions and integrations for the drone industry, from LiDAR payloads through to agricultural sensors
- Former PfCO-qualified drone pilot.
- Principal underwriter and assessor of drones brought in for repair through heliguy™’s drone insurance partner, Coverdrone.
- BSc (Hons) in Electronic Engineering, from the Technological Educational Institute of Crete, in Greece.
- Msc in Networking and Data Communication, from Kingston University London.
- Internship at Crete Naval Base, Dept. of Telecommunications, undertaking maintenance and repair of marine telecom equipment.
- Electronic production engineer, specialising in PCB boards, for a Greek electronic company.
- Technical support engineer/quality control for Monaco-based manufacturing company.
- heliguy™ drone technician for four years, with vast experience of repairing the DJI ecosystem, including Enterprise aircraft.
- heliguy™’s primary service technician, conducting sensor calibrations and test flights. He also specialises in DJI Enterprise repairs, including the DJI M300 RTK.
- Level 3 qualifications in vehicle maintenance and product design.
- Mechanical and auto-parts experience, having previously worked in a car parts warehouse.
- Vast previous experience, including working at Smyths Toys Superstores, where he first worked with toy quadcopters.
Lead Product Designer
- Five years of experience with heliguy™, including drone technician and Lead Product Designer.
- Headed up the heliguy™ R&D division, developing custom solutions and integrations for the drone industry, from LiDAR payloads through to agricultural sensors and specialist drop mechanisms.
- Attended in-person training at DJI’s European repair centre in The Netherlands to hone his skills on DJI-specific repairs.
- As Lead Product Designer, Ross is experienced with additive manufacturing and finishing machinery, creating solutions such as a Tactical Dog Camera for public safety/security and a Mavic 2 drone cage.
- Prior to joining heliguy™, Ross worked for an electronic solutions company specialising in product design and managing the manufacturing line.
- Outside of work, Ross is a hobbyist board game designer - with two games in the process of production - and specialises in robotics and AI advancement.
Drone Technician / Logistics
- Repair liaison consultant with DJI’s Repair Centre in The Netherlands, handling overseas shipping to streamline the process of direct repairs with the manufacturer.
- Kieran also works in the heliguy™ warehouse, as part of our logistics team.
- Before joining heliguy™, Kieran handled logistics as Duty Store Manager for Iceland.
- Kieran has found a passion for the drone industry since joining heliguy™, and is developing his skill in electronic and mechanical engineering as part of the heliguy™ tech team.
Drone Repair Centre FAQs
Answers to your most frequently asked questions.
- Where do I send a DJI drone for repair?
- Is there a drone repair shop near me?
- How can I repair my DJI drone?
- How much does it cost for heliguy™ to repair my drone?
- How long will it take for heliguy™ to repair my drone?
- Do I have to pay to send my drone to heliguy™ or return delivery?
- How long does a service take?
- Do I get a service certificate for my drone after the service?
- How often should my drone be serviced?
- Do I have to get my drone serviced as a commercial operator?
- Does this service come with a warranty?
- Will my drone be cleaned as part of the service?
- What qualifications do heliguy™ technicians hold?
- If a fault is found on the service, will it automatically be repaired?
- Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover water damage?
- Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover damage in transit?
- Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover me if my aircraft is lost or stolen?
- Am I covered if I crash my drone on holiday?
- I have more than one drone, does my Repair Refresh apply for my other drones?
- Will my drone be covered if accidental damage has occurred?
- What example of an incident that might occur with my drone would leave the cover invalid?
- Does Repair Refresh include accessories used at the time of the crash?
- Will I have to pay any additional fees when making a repair refresh claim such as shipping?
- Do I get a temporary drone while mine is being repaired?
- Will my drone be tested before it is sent back?
- Does the Repair Refresh include free shipping?
- If my drone is replaced, will I also receive a new remote controller, charger, etc?
- Do I need to activate my Repair Refresh somehow once I’ve purchased it?
- What’s the difference between Repair Refresh and warranty?
- Will I be notified when my cover runs out?
- Can I cancel my Repair Refresh for a full refund?
- Can I get Repair Refresh if I’m buying from outside the UK?
- Is the equipment repaired/replaced by heliguy™?
- How long does my heliguy™ Repair Refresh period last?
- Can Repair Refresh be used instead of drone insurance?
- Can I renew my cover once it goes beyond the 12 month period or if I’ve claimed?
- Can I purchase Repair Refresh after my purchase?
- How many times can I claim using my Repair Refresh?
- Can I renew Repair Refresh after the policy period ends?
- Will my drone be replaced if it’s only a minor crash?
- If I buy a drone second hand (e.g. eBay, Gumtree, Facebook Group), can you service it for me before I pay the seller?
Where do I send a DJI drone for repair?
Is there a drone repair shop near me?
heliguy™ is based at Unit 9, Jupiter Court, Orion Business Park, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 7SE, United Kingdom.
You can send us your drone for repair from anywhere in the UK and we will fix it as quickly as possible. Our experienced technicians have been approved by DJI and know the product range inside-out.
How can I repair my DJI drone?
The simple answer is don’t try to do it yourself. For safety, efficiency and the required expertise, send your broken drone to an authorised dealer, such as heliguy™.
As the UK’s leading drone specialist, and with in-house technicians trained by DJI, we can repair your drone quickly and properly. Our experienced team will always be available to offer you ongoing support and consultancy.
How much does it cost for heliguy™ to repair my drone?
The cost of the repair depends on the severity of the damage to the drone. But, as standard, we charge £15 for return postage and £15 if we organise collection (if it is non-warranty).
heliguy™ also charges a £55 per hour labour charge. We do offer a fast-track repair service. For an additional £75, your repair can be completed in just 72 hours.
How long will it take for heliguy™ to repair my drone?
We aim to repair your drone as quickly as possible, but the standard turnaround time is five working days.
We do offer a fast-track repair service. For an additional £75, your repair can be completed in just 72 hours.
Do I have to pay to send my drone to heliguy™ or return delivery?
No - Shipping to and from heliguy™ is included in the price of your service!
How long does a service take?
We aim to turn around all services within 10 working days. If there is an issue found with your equipment during the course of the service, it will be changed to a repair and the 10 day turnaround will be extended to 28 working days.
Do I get a service certificate for my drone after the service?
Yes - our DJI trained engineers will issue a Certificate of Service after completing their checks. This is not a certificate of airworthiness, as these can only be supplied by the relevant authorities.
How often should my drone be serviced?
At least once every 12 months. The more often you're using the equipment, the more often we'd recommend a service. For those using drones commercially, we'd suggest a service at least once every six months to ensure that your equipment is up to the job.
Do I have to get my drone serviced as a commercial operator?
There's no legal requirement to have your equipment serviced as a commercial operator - however, it's important to remember that this equipment is at the heart of your businesses - our servicing will help reduced downtime by ensuring that all your equipment remains fully operational at all times.
Does this service come with a warranty?
We do not offer a warranty on the servicing itself, however, a three-month warranty will be supplied with any required replacement parts.
Will my drone be cleaned as part of the service?
No - this service offering is designed to ensure that your equipment is fully functional and safe to use - not to keep it looking great.
What qualifications do heliguy™ technicians hold?
heliguy™ technicians have been trained by DJI themselves in the Netherlands and China. This ensures that any work undertaken on your DJI equipment is done professionally, thoroughly and in-line with DJI's official policies.
If a fault is found on the service, will it automatically be repaired?
No - you will be consulted and given a quote before any repairs are undertaken. This ensures you know exactly what issues have been found and how much it's likely to cost to resolve them.
Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover water damage?
Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover damage in transit?
Does heliguy™ repair refresh cover me if my aircraft is lost or stolen?
No - there is no cover offered for loss or theft.
Am I covered if I crash my drone on holiday?
Yes - you're covered if you crash your drone on holiday.
However, please note that free shipping for your Repair Refresh claim only applies when claiming from the UK.
I have more than one drone, does my Repair Refresh apply for my other drones?
No - Repair Refresh only covers one drone that is logged against the drones serial number from the original time of purchase with heliguy™.
Will my drone be covered if accidental damage has occurred?
What example of an incident that might occur with my drone would leave the cover invalid?
If a drone suffers a crash, and flight logs show that the pilots stick manoeuvres indicate an intentional or reckless crash, then cover will not be valid on this occasion.
Does Repair Refresh include accessories used at the time of the crash?
You're only covered for the drone itself.
If you have a camera on the drone it must be covered by a separate Repair Refresh policy.
E.g. Inspire 2 with an X5S camera fitted.
Will I have to pay any additional fees when making a repair refresh claim such as shipping?
No - the price you see when purchasing Repair Refresh is all you’ll pay.
Shipping to and from heliguy™ for return or replacement is all covered under the low price of your Repair Refresh policy.
Do I get a temporary drone while mine is being repaired?
No - but we will work hard to get your drone repaired or replaced within 10 working days.
If you’re interested in a policy that includes instant loan drones to ensure service continuity, please contact us on 0191 296 1024, or email email@example.com
Will my drone be tested before it is sent back?
Yes - if your drone has been repaired it will be bench and flight tested before being returned to you.
Does the Repair Refresh include free shipping?
Yes - Repair Refresh includes free shipping for your equipment to and from heliguy™.
Please note this only applies to the UK mainland, international shipping must be paid at the rate provided at point of claim.
If my drone is replaced, will I also receive a new remote controller, charger, etc?
If a drone is exchanged for a like for like unit, or in some cases replaced for a new replacement unit.
Only the item damaged will be replaced.
Do I need to activate my Repair Refresh somehow once I’ve purchased it?
As soon as the Repair Refresh is purchased the time and date are automatically logged and activated by heliguy™.
What’s the difference between Repair Refresh and warranty?
Repair Refresh protects you against pilot error, as well as product failure.
The warranty that comes with your DJI drone will only be used in the case of product failure.
In addition, you’ll get all your support and replacement parts from the UK - significantly reducing the turnaround time for repairs or replacements.
Will I be notified when my cover runs out?
No - the policy will lapse once the 12 month period has passed.
Can I cancel my Repair Refresh for a full refund?
Yes - you have a 14 day cooling off period, you can cancel the cover for a full refund up to 14 days after the cover has been purchased.
You must inform us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to cancel the policy.
Is the equipment repaired/replaced by heliguy™?
Our policy states that we will repair or replace, whichever is most viable, and, on most occasions, this will be done by us in-house.
However, in some cases, we may need to send the damaged product to DJI to complete the repair. If we do need to send it to DJI, this process can take up to 3-5 weeks to complete.
How long does my heliguy™ Repair Refresh period last?
Your Repair Refresh period lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase.
If you make a claim within the 12 months period, the cover immediately expires at the point of successful repair or replacement.
Can Repair Refresh be used instead of drone insurance?
No - Repair Refresh is not a substitute for commercial drone insurance.
Can I renew my cover once it goes beyond the 12 month period or if I’ve claimed?
No - a new policy cannot be taken out after the 12 month period passes or after a claim.
Can I purchase Repair Refresh after my purchase?
Yes - you’ll have 7 days after your purchase to buy the corresponding Repair Refresh policy.
How many times can I claim using my Repair Refresh?
You are eligible for one claim during the 12 month period, beginning when you purchase Repair Refresh.
Can I renew Repair Refresh after the policy period ends?
No, unfortunately the maximum period is one year.
Will my drone be replaced if it’s only a minor crash?
No - the first attempt will always be to repair your equipment.
We are a DJI-approved repair centre using official parts and supported by DJI-trained technicians.
If for any reason a repair cannot be successfully completed, a replacement will be provided.
If I buy a drone second hand (e.g. eBay, Gumtree, Facebook Group), can you service it for me before I pay the seller?
Unfortunately not - we would only be able to service the equipment once it's in your hands.