In-House DJI Repair Centre
Fast-track drone repairs, servicing, crash cover and warranty.
Drone specialist heliguy™ offers an in-house DJI-approved UK drone repair centre.
Our DJI-trained technicians have conducted more than 5,000 drone repairs, catering for hobbyists, commercial drone users, and large enterprise clients.
Benefit from a fast-track repair service, phone support, fault diagnosis, up to 24 months warranty including free warranty repairs and replacements, and drone servicing.
heliguy™ also offers Repair Refresh drone crash cover, providing a free repair or replacement over a 12-month period.
Total number of repairs conducted by our expert DJI trained technicians
Fast-track repair service available to minimise operational downtime
In-house DJI-trained technicians with 20+ years of experience
24-month manufacturer warranty, 12-months on batteries, 6-month post-repair
Repairs & Crash Support
UK-based repair infrastructure.
The heliguy™ repair centre provides a wide-ranging crash support infrastructure based in the UK, streamlining communication, delivery and repair time.
- Quick turnaround on repairs (typically five working days). A 72-hour fast-track service is available for an extra £75;
- Crash support and repairs management;
- Instant replacement of dead on arrival products;
- Over-the-phone fault diagnosis with one of our in-house technicians
- Free returns/replacements of faulty items;
- Warranty repairs/replacements at no extra cost
- Firmware upgrade and set-up support;
- Data analysis, premium customer support, and resolution with the manufacturer;
- Access to the DJI Repair Centre in Europe for damaged payloads, handling this process for you.
Drone Repair Feed
This live feed shows the types of repairs our technicians are undertaking.
It highlights the issues that drone pilots can encounter and our range of support - demonstrating how important it is to pick us as your drone repair partner.
Drone Repair Calculator
How much will it cost to repair my drone?
Our drone repair calculator provides an indicative price of the cost of repairs of some of the most popular DJI drones.
DJI Mini 3 Pro
Gimbal and Camera Module
£15 (each way)
*If covered by warranty or heliguy™ repair refresh - repair, labour, postage and assessment are free.
**Post-repair warranty: 6-month warranty applied to parts repaired by heliguy™
In-depth checks and Certificate of Service issued
Our technicians will perform an in-depth service to ensure your equipment is in perfect condition for safe and effective operation.
If any faults are found, we will contact you and upon approval of the suggested work, we’ll book your equipment in for repair.
Following this, we will perform a flight test to ensure the drone works under operational conditions. A Certificate of Service will then be issued.
DJI Mini Range
DJI Mavic 2 Range
DJI Air Range
DJI Phantom Range
DJI Spark Range
DJI Mavic 3 Range
DJI M30 Range
DJI Inspire Range
DJI Matrice 200/210
DJI M300 RTK
DJI Matrice 600 Range
DJI Matrice 210 RTK
What's covered under warranty?
heliguy™ honours the manufacturers warranty on all DJI drone purchases.
Many of our repair customers are covered under warranty, at no additional cost.
Warranty is subject to inspection by the heliguy™ tech team.
A pre-paid postage label will be provided but if the repair is not covered by warranty, you will be charged £15 postage each way.
What is covered by warranty?
- Drone loses functionality after software update.
- Drone started to develop cracks around screws.
- On-screen error, covered by warranty subject to diagnosis call.
- Drone not following RC commands and crashed, covered subject to data analysis.
What is NOT covered by warranty?
- Drone was in a no-fly zone.
- All obstacle avoidance features were deactivated.
- Drone flown when battery was low and warnings to land.
Drone Crash Cover & Insurance
Peace of mind during your next flight
Having drone crash cover in place is an important consideration and can save you thousands.
After all, accidents can happen!
There are several options to give you peace of mind during your next flight.
heliguy™ Repair Refresh
heliguy™ Repair Refresh is a no-hassle drone crash cover policy.
Available across the DJI product range - including gimbals and cameras - the cover is valid for a year and ensures your equipment is repaired or replaced with no hidden fees. Repair Refresh requires a one-off fee, which includes the cost of the cover and the replacement/repair. Because of this, heliguy™ Repair Refresh tends to be more cost effective than DJI Care Refresh.
Benefits of Repair Refresh include free UK return and delivery; the policy covering pilot error and water damage; and no excess on claims.
Repair Refresh also covers the drone and the controller, whereas DJI Care Refresh only covers the drone.
DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is a protection plan that provides DJI products with coverage for a range of accidental damages and natural wear.
It offers up to two years of coverage and numerous repairs/replacements, depending on the plan you choose.
DJI Care Refresh requires a fee to pay for the cover, and then subsequent fees for each repair/replacement.
You will receive a prompt to purchase DJI Care Refresh upon activation of your drone.
DJI Care Refresh is different to heliguy™ Repair Refresh.
The separate DJI Care Enterprise package covers DJI enterprise equipment. Heliguy™ does offer this crash cover on DJI Enterprise products.
Drone insurance is well worth having, giving you peace of mind that you are protected should something go wrong.
Drone insurance covers you for damage to your drone, or against claims made by someone whose property your drone may accidentally damage.
heliguy™ have partnered with Coverdrone to offer the most comprehensive, specialist drone insurance in the UK.
All coverdrone policies are compliant with the EU regulation EC785/2004 and provide Public Liability insurance along with drone and equipment cover.
Drone Insurance as a Hobbyist
If you are flying a drone for fun or as a hobbyist, you don’t technically need drone insurance. However, it still might be worth taking out a policy, just in case something does happen. A number of options are available, but a pay as you fly policy may well be prudent.
Drone Insurance as a Commercial Pilot
If you are operating your drone for commercial purposes, then by law you are required to have Public Liability insurance that is compliant with EC 785/2004.
Meet the Team
Meet the expert heliguy™ repair team who will guide you through your operations.
- BSc (Hons) in Electronic Engineering, from the Technological Educational Institute of Crete, in Greece.
- Msc in Networking and Data Communication, from Kingston University London.
- Internship at Crete Naval Base, Dept. of Telecommunications, undertaking maintenance and repair of marine telecom equipment.
- Electronic production engineer, specialising in PCB boards, for a Greek electronic company.
- Technical support engineer/quality control for Monaco-based manufacturing company.
- heliguy™ drone technician for four years, with vast experience of repairing the DJI ecosystem, including Enterprise aircraft.
- Jack has more than 4 years of experience as a mechanical auto-repair technician, with Level 3 qualifications in light vehicle mechanics and engineering.
- He has 1 year of experience in electrical engineering, working for an ISO 17025 Accredited Calibration Laboratory.
- Jack has a diverse range of skills, including expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- In addition to his technical skills, Jack is a skilled photographer, with an A-Level qualification in the subject.
- With his strong background in mechanical and electrical engineering, as well as his passion for photography, Jack is well-suited to work as a drone repair technician.
- heliguy™’s primary service technician, conducting sensor calibrations and test flights. He also specialises in DJI Enterprise repairs, including the DJI M300 RTK.
- Level 3 qualifications in vehicle maintenance and product design.
- Mechanical and auto-parts experience, having previously worked in a car parts warehouse.
- Vast previous experience, including working at Smyths Toys Superstores, where he first worked with toy quadcopters.
Lead Product Designer
- Five years of experience with heliguy™, including drone technician and Lead Product Designer.
- Headed up the heliguy™ R&D division, developing custom solutions and integrations for the drone industry, from LiDAR payloads through to agricultural sensors and specialist drop mechanisms.
- Attended in-person training at DJI’s European repair centre in The Netherlands to hone his skills on DJI-specific repairs.
- As Lead Product Designer, Ross is experienced with additive manufacturing and finishing machinery, creating solutions such as a Tactical Dog Camera for public safety/security and a Mavic 2 drone cage.
- Prior to joining heliguy™, Ross worked for an electronic solutions company specialising in product design and managing the manufacturing line.
- Outside of work, Ross is a hobbyist board game designer - with two games in the process of production - and specialises in robotics and AI advancement.
Drone Technician / Logistics
- Repair liaison consultant with DJI’s Repair Centre in The Netherlands, handling overseas shipping to streamline the process of direct repairs with the manufacturer.
- Kieran also works in the heliguy™ warehouse, as part of our logistics team.
- Before joining heliguy™, Kieran handled logistics as Duty Store Manager for Iceland.
- Kieran has found a passion for the drone industry since joining heliguy™, and is developing his skill in electronic and mechanical engineering as part of the heliguy™ tech team.