Boscam Galaxy D4 with Build in DVR Review
This monitor has a foldable sunshade which also acts as a screen protector when not in use. The unit looks well designed and strong.
What’s in the box of the Boscam Galaxy D4
There is also a charger included separately when you buy it from heliguy.com. It also comes with deans and XT60 connectors if you’d like to run it from an external battery and a AV lead for inputting and outputting audio and video.
There is for 4 antennas for great diversity to help you keep maximum signal. There is also a door on the back for fitting the battery.
One of the great features of this monitor is that it has a built-in DVR for recording your flights on to an SD card.
There is also a AV in and an AV out so this monitor can be used for other jobs or like playing videos and DVDs.
There is only 6 buttons so the monitor is very easy to use.
- Large bright 4:3 screen so you can finally have the correct ratio for your FPV Cameras 🙂
- Well built, high quality plastic
- Clean design, not many switches/buttons to fiddle with
- Built in battery bay and built in DVR
- Foldable sunshade which acts as screen protector when not in use
- The only thing i did not like as with all FPV monitors it does not have Active deinterlacing so it won’t get the maximum quality from an analog input 🙁
Boscam Galaxy D4 Specs
- TV lines: 450TVL (a DVD is 500TVL so 450 is good)
- Channel: 32CH
- one of the best FPV monitors i’ve seen.
- Screen size: 8 inch
- Screen Type: TFT LCD Screen / Long life LED backlight
- Resolution: 800 x 600
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2
- Contrast: 500:1
- View angle: 140/120 degree(horizontal/vertical)
- Working voltage: 7 -24V
- Power consumption: < 10w
- Working temperature: -10 – 65 degrees
- Size: 200 x 173 x 36mm
- Spatial resolution: 500×380
- Active deinterlacing: none
- Deinterlacing method: Blend