DJI has launched the Pocket 2 - a tiny stabilised 4K camera.
This new release is a follow up to the groundbreaking Osmo Pocket, which was released in November 2018.
Like its predecessor, the rebranded Pocket 2 is a lightweight and highly-portable gimbal.
But it features an array of new features and functions to set it apart from the crowd.
This includes a larger sensor and wider lens, compared to the Osmo Pocket, as well as a new zoom feature, and DJI Matrix Stereo; a new audio system.
The Pocket 2's key features are:
- Weighs 117g
- 1/1.7" Sensor
- 20mm f/1.8 lens
- Capture 16MP or 64Mp images
- Video resolution of 4K/60fps at 100Mbps
- Updated ISO range for both photo and video of 100- 6400
- HDR video
- 8x zoom; 4x lossless zoom
- Redeveloped Autofocus; lock onto and track moving subjects faster and more accurately
- DJI Matrix Stereo - new and improved audio system
- Suite of new and improved intelligent features and smart shooting modes
- Range of accessories and dedicated mobile app
- New Live Streaming feature via DJI Mimo App for many popular social media platforms.
The standalone package includes the Mini Control Stick and Tripod Mount (1/4”) and is priced £339/$349.
The DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo includes the Mini Control Stick, Tripod Mount (1/4”), Wide-Angle Lens, Wireless Microphone + Windscreen, Do-It-All Handle, and Micro Tripod. It is available for £469/$499.
Both editions can be pre-ordered now from HELIGUY.com™, with the first units expected to be available from Saturday, October 31.
DJI Pocket 2 - Small Camera, Huge Results
Thanks to its tiny frame, the Pocket 2 is a highly-portable hand-held camera.
Small enough to slip into your pocket, this intelligent 3-axis gimbal can be taken everywhere.
It is particularly ideal for vlogging, travel, and capturing content on the go.
The Pocket 2 has a larger 1/1.7" sensor for improved quality, while the sweeping 20mm f/1.8 lens provides a bright and wide cinematic look.
Capture images in 16MP or 64MP using high-resolution mode, or shoot video at 4K/60fps at 100Mbps.
This is the highest-resolution currently available on the market for this camera size.
The Pocket 2 also benefits from the addition of HDR video to bring content alive with more vivid colours.
A new zoom feature allows content creators to get closer to their subject without moving towards it.
Utilise 8x zoom with the 64-megapixel mode or 4x lossless zoom in 1080p or 16-megapixel mode.
Autofocus has also been redeveloped using a Hybrid 2.0 AF blend of phase and contrast detection to increase speed and accuracy.
DJI Matrix Stereo - New Audio System
The Pocket 2 has undergone a complete rework of the audio system.
This ensures footage sounds as good as it looks.
Consisting four microphones - placed clear of hand-holding the gimbal - the DJI Matrix Stereo system captures an immersive audio experience.
Directional Audio enhances sound recording from those microphones to pick up as much detail as possible, with SoundTrack adjusting the audio based on where the camera is facing.
Audio Zoom narrows the sound field when zooming the camera in.
An optional wind noise reduction keeps the audio clean in outdoor settings, further filtering out unwanted background sounds.
DJI Pocket 2 - Modular Design
DJI Pocket 2 has a highly modular design with a removable base plate that allows users to attach new accessories and expand creative possibilities.
Pocket 2 can be operated as a standalone camera via the intuitive rear 1” touch screen or connect your mobile device for expanded control with the DJI Mimo App (available for iOS and Android).
New and Improved Intelligent Features
Pocket 2 is not just light and transportable; it is also quick and easy to use.
Design and user experience revamps make the gimbal incredibly intuitive.
These upgrades include:
- Fast Wake: Turns Pocket 2 on instantly and begins filming so you don't miss catching any moment.
- Drop Aware: This function allows the gimbal to lock itself in a safe position when detecting the product falling. This was previously featured in the original Pocket but has since been improved by 30%.
- Pause Recording: Quickly pause video recording during operation.
The Pocket 2 also includes intelligent preprogrammed modes to help smart and quality content creation.
- Pro Mode: Control advanced camera settings such as ISO, shutter speed, EV, and focus mode.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Select a subject and let DJI Pocket 2 keep it in the frame automatically.
- Slow Motion: Select Slow-Mo 1080P resolution and 4x or 8x speed.
- Timelapse, Hyperlapse, Motionlapse: Selection of different time-lapse operations. Hyperlapse automatically integrates Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for added smoothness. Users have the ability to save individual images separately, record in RAW format, and use ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panoramas: 180° Pano (capture four photos for sweeping landscape images) or 3×3 Pano (merges nine images for a wide and detailed view).
- Livestreaming: Livestream directly to Facebook, YouTube, or RTMP.
- Story Mode: Preset camera movements, colour profiles, and music make it easier to choose a template, record the moment, and instantly share to social media.
New Accessories And Dedicated Mobile App
A range of accessories are engineered for Pocket 2 to take content creation further.
- Sleek charging case
- Wireless microphone set
- Waterproof housing
- Smaller control wheel
- Extension rod
- Wide-angle lens
- Wireless module
- Smartphone support system.
The Pocket 2's new modular design enables users to remove the bottom section of the handle to attach several accessories.
This includes a base to attach the Micro Tripod, a WiFi module to connect a smartphone remotely, and Do-It-All Handle with tripod base, WiFi and Bluetooth module, speaker, 3.5mm audio jack, and wireless microphone receiver.
Similar to the Osmo Pocket, the Pocket 2 uses the DJI Mimo app, with a streamlined user interface and in-app features.
Adjust videos and images easily and share on social media with the built-in editing tool, while the AI editor automatically previews footage, selects the highlights, and creates a short video.
The Mimo app also features Batch Select which lets users delete, like or download multiple images or videos at the same time by selecting them in the gallery.
Meanwhile, use the updated Glamour Effect to beautify footage imagery via the Mimo app.