- New firmware update released for Mavic 3 Enterprise Series;
- Highlights include enhanced mapping and surveying functionality, such as upgraded Terrain Follow capabilities, added POI/Orbit functionality, and camera angle customisation for mapping tasks;
- Read the blog to find out about all of the new features as part of the firmware release v06.01.06.06.
DJI has released a firmware update for the Mavic 3 Enterprise Series for enhanced surveying workflows and data capture.
Key features of the v06.01.06.06 update include:
- Real-time Terrain Follow down to 30m;
- Enable Terrain Follow in additional mapping modes;
- Added POI/Orbit functionality: Fly around a PinPoint to obtain omnidirectional information of the target;
- Customise the camera angle for mapping tasks: Particularly useful for inspections, as well as some agriculture and AEC missions;
- Added support for 8x digital zoom for RGB camera on Mavic 3 Multispectral;
- Import offline maps to Pilot 2;
- Additional thermal setting for Mavic 3T;
- Added encryption for Network Security Mode.
This blog highlights the features of the firmware upgrade in more detail.
Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Firmware Upgrade
The details of the firmware upgrade for the Mavic 3 Enterprise Series are:
- Date: 2023.03.02
- Aircraft Firmware: v06.01.06.06
- Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.04.07
- DJI Pilot 2 App: v188.8.131.52
- DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series): v2.1.7
Please note that the Mavic 3 Multispectral firmware update also lists DJI Terra: v3.6.6 and DJI Assistant 2 for MG: v2.1.3.
Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Firmware Upgrades In More Detail
The latest round of updates offers some exciting new features.
The upgrades below apply to all three drones, unless specifically stated:
- Added Terrain Follow for flight tasks: Smart Oblique and Linear tasks support both Real-Time Follow and DSM Follow. Oblique tasks only support DSM Follow.
- Added POI function. The aircraft can circle and fly around a PinPoint to obtain omnidirectional information of the target.
- Added ability to customise the camera angle for Mapping tasks. When planning a flight route, the aircraft orientation and gimbal pitch angle can be set for the route. Convenient for inspections of specific scenarios, such as solar panels, and certain agriculture/AEC flights.
- Added support for 8x digital zoom for RGB camera. This applies to the Mavic 3 Multispectral only.
- Added ability to execute flight tasks during flight for fast and efficient execution of flight tasks at the current location. Tap the flight route icon to create or select a flight task on the camera or map view of the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added ability to set Safe Takeoff Altitude for flight tasks to improve flight safety. This parameter setting is only valid when the aircraft executes a flight task before takeoff. If the aircraft starts a flight task during flight, the safe takeoff altitude will not take effect.
- Added ability to create Mapping or Oblique tasks by selecting an area in the map view. Convenient to generate a flight route after synchronising the mapping area planned on DJI FlightHub 2 to the DJI Pilot 2 app. This feature update is for the Mavic 3 Enterprise and Mavic 3 Thermal.
- Added ability to import MBTiles format maps downloaded from Maptiler. The map layer can be customised in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added ability to export logs by different modules in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added ability for Mavic 3T to adjust infrared temperature measurement parameters, such as subject emissivity and temperature measurement distance.
- Added encryption for Network Security Mode in the DJI Pilot 2 app. After setting a password, users can only change the Network Security Mode or adjust the function settings after entering the password.
- Optimised Real-Time Follow. The minimum altitude is adjusted from 80 m to 30 m. The altitude for Real-Time Follow is updated to 30-200 m.
- Optimised firmware update prompt in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
How To Update The Firmware On The DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
- If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), and retry.
- Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.
If you are having problems updating the firmware or to find out more about the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series, contact us.