heliguy™ MAVIC 2 DRONE CAGE
Robust, compact, and affordable.
Capture Quality Data - Safely
heliguy™ has built a lightweight and robust cage for the DJI Mavic 2 drone series, ideal for internal inspection, accessing hard-to-reach areas, and enhancing flight safety.
Designed by our in-house R&D team, this new product is a collision-proof solution to maximise data collection and missions in hostile places and confined areas.
It is an affordable entry to the market, offering a more cost-effective solution compared to other caged drones.
- Collision-proof: This robust cage will protect your drone from bumps, scrapes, and collisions during missions.
- Versatile: Compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Series, utilise features on these drones, such as a spotlight, thermal sensor, or zoom camera. Pair with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for the ultimate solution.
- Lightweight: The cage weighs 230g. Your drone can be attached quickly and easily to the frame - which is a simple out-of-the-box solution - for rapid deployment.
- Enterprise Tool: The cage can be deployed across a range of industries, from industrial inspection through to public safety. Deploy for confined space inspection and inspect objects up close and access tough-to-reach areas - while reducing risk and increasing mission efficiency.
New And Improved Cage
Key upgrades have made the heliguy™ DJI Mavic 2 Drone Cage an even stronger and more robust solution.
After unveiling our first cage in November 2019, we continued to innovate and upgrade the frame, based on early client feedback and further testing.
This enabled us to build, and subsequently bring, a new and improved second version to market.
The upgraded frame is being used by operators across a range of industries - as well as general drone flyers for better flight safety - and our distribution partners Globe Flight say their clients 'love the cage very much’.
Key upgrades include:
- Increased Quality: The V2 cage is of higher quality, thanks to the use of upgraded components. This has been achieved by changing the production process - shifting from in-house manufacturing to outsourcing construction of the parts. These enhanced components give the V2 frame greater strength and a sleeker, more professional finish to improve its aesthetics.
- Improved Collision Tolerance: The V2 cage is more rigid, improving its collision tolerance. The initial cage was more bendy and springy, but further testing and feedback showed a more solid frame was better for shock resistance. So our upgraded, more rigid V2 cage provides enhanced protection.
- Manufacturing Change: The silicone glue has been replaced by a two-part epoxy for high-strength bonding, further increasing the robustness of the cage. The two-part epoxy is also easier to paint, resulting in a superior finish.
- Connectors: The connectors have been improved, now clipping onto the arms of the drone to provide a larger, stronger, hardwearing and more robust clip. The original connectors were made from small plastic flanges which clipped to the drone’s motors, but were prone to damage and overheating. The new design also enables cable ties to fit around the drone arms, adding an extra layer of strength.
Mavic 2 DRONE CAGE VIDEOS
See the capabilities of the cage. Simply click the images below to watch.
YouTube Playlist Block Will Render On Visualsoft...
why choose a drone cage?
Benefit from 360° protection.
New Possibilities With Your Drone
Drones have become a key enterprise tool. However, there are challenges and limitations, especially when it comes to safe and effective internal, confined and up-close inspections.
This is why a cage is a crucial accessory.
Having a drone cage gives your aircraft 360° protection, opening up new possibilities for carrying out professional applications, and conducting surveys, checks and other missions in a controlled and trouble-free way.
No matter what your mission, a protective frame around your drone gives you peace of mind and the chance to fly with confidence, safe in the knowledge that you can fly close to objects without risking damage to your equipment, your surroundings, or people.
The cage is suitable for a range of applications and industries, especially when confined or up-close inspection is key.
How the mavic 2 drone cage can help your operations
Reliable, Safe, Affordable.
Strong And Robust Drone Cage
Made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and nylon, the cage is collision-proof, with an impact resistance of up to 3m per second. This helps you collect data in harsh and tight spaces, and lets you fly extremely close to objects of interest.
This strong and durable cage also gives you peace of mind that your drone will stay safe from bumps and scrapes in the most complex of environments.
Compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Series, the cage affords 15 minutes of flight time.
The lightweight cage weighs 230g (without a drone).
For convenience, the Mavic 2 Cage is simple to attach and remove, with no moving parts. Because the cage is an out-of-the-box solution, no training is needed to use it.
Harness The Power Of The DJI Mavic 2 Eco-system
Compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Series, the cage offers versatility for a range of jobs - whether it is utilising the 20MP camera on the Mavic 2 Pro, or capturing a range of thermal, zoom, and visual data with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced.
For added mission versatility, the cage can be used to protect the Mavic 2 Enterprise Series when the drone is fitted with one of the modular accessories.
Options available are the dual spotlight, ideal for illuminating dark areas during an internal inspection; the beacon, which offers a visual warning during jobs; and the loud-speaker, which can be used to communicate with others during a flight.
Unobstructed Field Of View
The heliguy™ Mavic 2 Drone Cage keeps the camera field-of-view free so that you can capture the highest quality data without being impaired.
- Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced: Quality data capture with 640 x 512 thermal resolution, 48MP visual camera, 32x digital zoom, and dedicated 16x thermal zoom.
- Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual: Combine visible and thermal imagery, including a 160 x 120 thermal resolution.
- Mavic 2 Enterprise: 2x optical and 3x digital zoom.
- Mavic 2 Pro: 20MP stills.
- Mavic 2 Zoom: Up to 4x zoom, including a 2x optical zoom.
Mavic 2 Drone Cage Specs
505mm (L) x 605mm (W) x 165mm (H)
Carbon fibre, aluminium, nylon
Up to 15 minutes
Up to 3m/s
Mavic 2 Series, including the Mavic 2 Enterprise Series