What is the best drone for agriculture?
The best drone for agriculture & farming depend on what kind of mission you are flying.
For data collection, surveying and mapping - the Mavic 3M is the best solution for the job with it's multispectral sensor array and mechanical shutter, but for crop spraying and seeding operations - the purpose-built DJI Agras range are the only aircraft with these advanced capabilities.
The DJI Mavic 3M is one of the best drones for agricultural mapping, combining an RGB camera with a multispectral camera.
Its upgraded camera array makes it ideal for conducting high-precision aerial surveys, crop-growth monitoring, and natural resource surveys.
The Mavic 3 Multispectral is an efficient aircraft, capable of covering up to 2 square kilometres in a single flight.
Key features of the DJI Mavic 3M include:
- Quality Drone Mapping Visual Camera: 4/3 CMOS 20MP, 1/2000s mechanical shutter speed, 0.7s high-speed burst when RGB camera is used.
- Multispectral Mapping: 4 5MP multispectral sensors. Green (560 ± 16 nm;); Red 650 ± 16 nm; Red Edge 730 ± 16 nm; Near Infrared 860 ± 26 nm.
- RTK Module: The RTK Module provides real-time centimetre-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy of image metadata.
- Compact and Portable: Foldable and with a maximum take-off weight of 1,050g, the Mavic 3M is easily transportable and quick to deploy.
- Precise Positioning: RTK module provides real-time centimetre-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy of image metadata. This enables Mavic 3M to do high-precision aerial surveying without using ground control points.
- Sunlight Sensor: Built-in sunlight sensor captures solar irradiance and records it in an image file, allowing for light compensation of image data during 2D reconstruction. This results in more accurate NDVI results.
- Efficient Aerial Surveying: The Mavic 3M can fly for 43 minutes. Cover up to 200 hectares per flight.
- Terrain-follow Aerial Surveying: The terrain-follow aerial surveying can be easily performed in steep-slope landscapes. The drone can also conduct field scouting.
- Software Suite: Import data into DJI Terra or the DJI SmartFarm Platform for detailed maps and models and other insights.
The DJI Agras drones are equipped with high-precision spraying systems.
These automated platforms are highly efficient solutions, enabling farmers to cover more ground in less time. For instance, the DJI Agras T30 can cover 40 acres an hour.
The DJI Agras are available in different sizes with different capacities and can be used for spraying and spreading.
They enable targeted, even distribution; strong penetration; and prevent drift. This avoids over-fertilisation and prevents leakage.
DJI Agras are large, rugged industrial machines and feature obstacle avoidance capabilities as with other enterprise DJI Drones.
Click to find out more about DJI Agras crop spraying drones or read more about the best drones for agriculture.
This answer was generated from information sourced from the following pages:
- What are the best drones for farm mapping? - www.heliguy.com/blogs/knowledge-base/what-are-the-best-drones-for-farm-mapping
- Agriculture Drones - www.heliguy.com/collections/agricultural-drones
- DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral - www.heliguy.com/products/dji-mavic-3-multispectral
- What are the best drones for crop spraying? - www.heliguy.com/blogs/knowledge-base/what-are-the-best-drones-for-crop-spraying
- DJI Agras T30 Drone - www.heliguy.com/products/dji-agras-t30-drone
- DJI Drones - www.heliguy.com/collections/dji-drones
- DJI Agras Drones and Accessories - www.heliguy.com/collections/dji-agras
- heliguy™ Blog - www.heliguy.com/blogs/posts/
- Drone Tutorials - www.heliguy.com/pages/help/