What causes my Inspire to remain in Travel Mode?This problem is normally caused by upgrading the firmware on your Inspire 1 remote control before updating the firmware on the aircraft. If you’ve recently upgraded the firmware on your Inspire you may have processed the updates in the wrong order, causing a miscommunication between the aircraft and the device.
How can I get the Inspire 1 out of travel mode?In order to get the Inspire 1 back out of travel mode, you’ll need to do is downgrade the firmware to a lower version in order to get the controller and the aircraft communicating correctly again. Then you will be able to update the firmware on the aircraft and controller respectively, in the correct order, to fix this issue.
Downgrade the Inspire 1 Remote Controller Firmware using the DJI GO app.Firstly, you need to downgrade the firmware on your Inspire. Before you start please ensure that the remote controller’s battery is fully charged and that you have the latest version of the DJI GO app from the App Store or Google Play Store. In order to downgrade the firmware on your remote control please follow the steps below:
- Ensure your remote controller is fully charged.
- Connect the Inspire 1 controller to your phone or tablet using the suppled USB cable.
- Launch the DJI GO app as normal.
- Press and hold the ‘Academy’ icon at the top right had corner of the app for up to ten seconds until a new screen is shown.
- On this new screen you will need to select an old firmware version using the dropdown menu. In this example, we’ll use firmware version 1.5.70.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom of this screen to begin downloading the old firmware file.
- Once the download is complete, please click the ‘Install’ button which is now shown at the bottom of the screen.
- The remote will now begin the downgrade. The process will continue while the left LED on the remote control has a solid blue light. You can also see the progress of the firmware downgrade in real time within the DJI GO app.
- Once the installation is complete the LED on the remote controller will change to a solid green light.
Upgrade the Inspire 1 Aircraft Firmware after downgrading remote firmware.Now that your remote controller’s firmware has been downgraded, you should be able to launch the DJI GO app as normal and get the Inspire 1 out of travel mode. In order to update the Inspire 1 aircraft firmware please follow this tutorial.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Exclusive DJI News, Reviews and Advice